All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Chronic constipation and diet new
      #117705 - 11/01/04 09:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I tried reglan and it upset my system. It made me dizzy and sweaty and didn't help my tummy one bit! I guess its worth giving it a try as every responds differently to meds. It is supposed to help your system process foods quicker but it had no effect on my C. Sorry, I don't know anything about the candida.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chronic constipation and diet new
      #120595 - 11/10/04 11:17 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

When I first took it I had bad stomach pains so we cut the dose in half until my system got used to it. I am now taking it as originally prescribed and feel okay but I can't say that it has helped the "C" yet. I just got my acacia in the mail yesterday but am sure hesitant to use it because Citrucel caused such bloating and awful gas and didn't help the "C" either. Taking Metamucil was even worse. Nothing seems to work for me. Magnesium supplements helped a little at first but then not at all. I drink lots of water and exercise three to five times a week.

Re: SFS new
      #120637 - 11/10/04 12:17 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Keep in mind that most everyone will experience some extra bloating and gas when they first start ANY SFS. It takes your body a couple of weeks to adjust. Start off with a small dose and work up slowly. STICK WITH IT!! You HAVE to give it 3-4 weeks minimum before you can decide if a particular SFS is working for you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: To daliatree new
      #120858 - 11/11/04 05:45 AM
marymary

Reged: 11/01/04
Loc: Zurich, Switzerland

THANK YOU! Thank you! I am IBS-C and am not finding the white bread (& excess starches) helpful for my C - I definitely need more insolubles than the diet prescribes. Thank you - I thought I was the only one.

#120860 - 11/11/04 05:53 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

You are welcome!!! How is your constipation now?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#120876 - 11/11/04 06:44 AM
marymary

Not good at all. I went into panic-mode last night and just ate any and all fiber I could get a hold of. Didn't help me but I was at the end of my tether. Drinking yogi stomach ease tea at the moment. I am so sick and tired of this condition. We Europeans don't even have SFS so I'm at a loss here - can't test different ones and see which works. Anyway, thanks for being there. Feels comforting.

To Marymary new
      #120882 - 11/11/04 07:00 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I'm having trouble with this diet, too. I've only been on it for 2 weeks, but I've always thought that too much bread & other starches make me C. I've been taking Acacia & adding lots of insolubles with the solubles. I've been sooo C that it's been totally frustrating.

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm currently taking small doses of Zelnorm every other day because I feel like I need medication to help things move along.

Mary mary! new
      #120883 - 11/11/04 07:00 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am so sorry to hear you are not better. please let me try and help you. Even though C is not my biggest problem anymore (I miss it!! its better then D) I know a lot! Ten years of suffering.
Please tell me what you eat on the average day and your major symptoms and any patterns you have found (eg when I eat this, i feel this etc)....
lets try and get you moving better
PS I recently tried the SFS and got soooo ill. so even though I know it works for lots of people, lets try and get you moving a bit with your diet!
write soon!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Mary mary! new
      #120889 - 11/11/04 07:14 AM
marymary

Hi again! Thank you so much for caring. I feel like a whole world has opened up to me! Ok, I start off the morning with excercise, then have some oatmeal + applesauce + tsp soy-yoghurt + slice of sourdough bread + cup of tea (breakfast is my favorite). I feel ok with this, but constantly C. Lunch I usually feel best when I have a few pieces of sushi (as soon as I eat a lot I feel bloated). I just can't seem to get it right. I don't feel full on the pasta/white bread thing - it's like my body needs something harsh to process. Still, I keep on drinking and drinking, but I can't seem to get regular, no matter what I try. I don't know what to eat (not to eat) anymore. Get reflux from onion, garlic, peppermint, raw peppers, leek, radishes. My tummy is in constant uproar. I feel lost.

To bellshel32 new
      #120891 - 11/11/04 07:16 AM
marymary

FRUSTRATING is the word. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. Not much medication available in this regard here in Europe unfortunately (no Zelnorm, no SFS). Thanks - it's nice to have the support and to know that I'm not alone.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review