All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Chronic constipation and diet new
      #115605 - 10/25/04 09:28 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I'm really sorry, I don't understand your question...are you asking if it is possible to go from eating 'what to eat when you can't eat anything' to a kind of diet that I suggested?
My typical day involves:
waking up and taking probiotics with a large glass of room temperature water, then a big cup of yogi tummy ease tea with a peppermint cap.
I then have a huge bowl of oatmeal made with water with a banana.
Lunch can be anything from: brown rice bread (I am off wheat at the moment because white wheat makes me too constipated and wholewheat gives me too many loose poos!) with tahini (sesame seed butter) and cherry tomatoes, or with avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Or it can be brown rice with vegetable soup (lots of vegies), brown rice pasta with cooked carrots in olive oil and garlic. Or chicken breast cooked in olive oil and lots of herbs and spices.
My fruit intake at the moment is mangoes, bananas, and lots of fruit purees.
My diet is limited at the moment and I am trying to reintroduce more vegies because I have had a very hard 5 months with my IBS. i was pretty stable for years on wholewheat and everything, but a bug in May threw my bowels to the diarrhea side (after YEARS of C!!! was very strange...) so now it is still very sensitive to rough fibres...but prone to getting C too, so i am adjusting a very fine balance!
Good luck, am happy to answer lots of questions.
Fluids are so important, esp warm ones and exercise is VITAL

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#115652 - 10/25/04 10:51 AM
Will2Pwr

Reged: 10/11/04

When I was C I just got fed up and ate anything. Not just what i was suppose to. I want to change all of that now. I am wondering if it is too late.

#115655 - 10/25/04 10:55 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

No, it's never too late. Don't worry, you'll get there.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#115662 - 10/25/04 11:23 AM
Will2Pwr

I was hoping for a plan. Thanks. I need to impliment it. Fiber can cause constipation as well from what I have read. I haven't been active so maybe I should try that. Thanks.

#115674 - 10/25/04 11:56 AM
Will2Pwr

What test have you had run? I have had them all but I have change that because I have forced things out. I need a good doctor that will look at everything. I have played with the miralax and zelnorm but there is still alot of matter in my colon. No one seems concerned. Could you please give me the name of your doctor? Thanks.

#115681 - 10/25/04 12:45 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I saw Dr. alexander, his number is 248-273-9930. The office is on 15 mile in troy. Dr. Duffy is also very good but takes longer to get into, he works out of the same office.

Recently, I've just been seeing my general internist for my IBS problems. I have had a colonoscopy, barium eneama, abdominal cat scan, endoscopy, and the one where you drink the barium and they watch it go through your colon. I still have some issues with pain and bloating sometimes but the miralax keeps me from getting constipated.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#115684 - 10/25/04 12:51 PM
KimGun

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Caribbean

Do you get spasm pain, and if yes, what do you use?

#115686 - 10/25/04 12:57 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Most of the spasm pain I get is gas!! Gas-x, which the active ingredient is simethicone, works pretty well if you take the maxium dosage for a couple of days. The spasms are usually trapped pockets of gas, the gas-x will help break them up and get them out! I also have a prescription for donnatol, its an anti-spasm medication, that I take when needed.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#115707 - 10/25/04 01:25 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

all the stuff you were eating that wasn't ibs safe has caused the bad C you are experiencing now (we all do it so don't dwell on feeling bad, because ibs is the most exasperating condition)...but it is never too late to start again. this is why I suggested you sticking up a suppository, to clear you out and give you a clean slate, as it were, to begin a better diet.....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#117490 - 10/31/04 08:13 AM
Cathryn

Reged: 10/31/04

I have also been fighting chronic candida along with IBS-C. I'm worried about all the starches with this diet because of the candida. I thought starches caused more gas in the colon. The gas and bloating is so uncomfortable! My doctor just put me on Reglan but it seems to be more for motility of the upper GI not colon. I am also on Citrucel. Anyone else have candida with this IBS-C? Has anyone else used Reglan?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review