All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do I get my cravings to stop?
      #114639 - 10/21/04 11:50 AM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

For the last two days I've been craving steak and pot Roast. Especially the pot roast. Before I got sick I ate pot roast at least once a month.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do I get my cravings to stop? new
      #114656 - 10/21/04 12:45 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi there! I know exactly what you're going through; I still get the cravings everytime b/f eats steak or ice cream

There are four things I can do to feel better:

1) Remind myself that cheating will make me feel HORRIBLE and food is not worth that.

2) Take my mind off of it by doing something fun or relaxing. The more you think about food, the worse you will feel about it. I have read that it's better to plan your meals out for the week so that you don't have to worry about them.

3) Make myself a yummy, safe treat. Sugar is what I use when I'm craving no-no foods. I like Nerds candy Chinese is also good for me - I really love Chicken Chow Mein.

4) Experiment with cooking. I don't know if you like to cook. I do, but I'm not very good at it But if you check out the recipe boards and cookbooks, you can make all sorts of delicious foods that will satisfy cravings.

Eventually, the cravings will either pass or you will find ways to control them. For now, remember what it feels like to feel good, and try to be strong And go ahead and complain here about all those nasty "normal" people that get to clog their arteries with those yummy fats!

Good luck to you!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Yep the cravings will stop new
      #114672 - 10/21/04 02:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

new ones might take their place though. I was craving chocolate chip cookies but I never did anything about it and it went away. You just have to be determined and for me besides getting sick from eating bad foods I also figure I'll lose a couple more pounds. Oh one more thing. I let myself have one bite of stuff when I go out to eat and that really helps. I have had one bite of my husband's steak or tiramisu or whatever and I figure that is ok after a full meal.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#114678 - 10/21/04 02:18 PM
Bilbo

Reged: 07/27/04

They will stop, but it takes a while.

When you get a real bad craving, try to have a soy version of it available to at least partly appease it. I know it's not the same thing, but it will fill you up and hunger leads to the worst cravings.

#114745 - 10/21/04 04:54 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Try eating it a few times and let the IBS take its toll. That's called aversion therapy. I have stopped chocolate and steak because they've simply lost their appeal. It's hard to crave something that makes you feel that sick.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#115049 - 10/22/04 04:17 PM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

Thanks, I made chicken noodle soup last night. Kept telling myself that homemade soup was way better than dealing with stomach cramps.

#115050 - 10/22/04 04:26 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

If you get sick enough...you lose those cravings

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 960

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review