Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Acacia Fiber in pregnancy
      #114386 - 10/20/04 02:26 PM
Cynthia Anne

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Henderson, Nevada, USA (Las Vegas)

Hi
Can anyone tell me if Heather's Acacia fiber is safe during pregnancy?
I have had conflicting info- also for Heather's peppermint capsules some say this can be dangerous especially if miscarriage can be a problem) others say it's fine and relieves the nausea "morning" (all day and night for me) sickness.
I am afraid what to use. I won't be seeing my OB/GYN for weeks yet and her nurse basically says, "don't take anything!" (including my meds that were cleared with my doctors through all past pregnancies- and cleared with this DR at an exam when I told her I was trying to get pregnant.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Cynthia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Fiber in pregnancy new
      #114391 - 10/20/04 02:32 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Acacia will be fine as it's just a dietary substance that basically goes straight through you!

Not sure on the peppermint caps. But my aromatherapy book says peppermint oil is okay when pregnant, so I guess it'll be ok. Try ginger tea for nausea, I think you'll be fine on that. With your other meds, if your doc's okayed them knowing you were trying to get pregnant, then don't stop them! You don't want to make yourself ill!

#114396 - 10/20/04 02:39 PM
Cynthia Anne

Thank you so much! That makes me feel better. I am going to start the acacia again- the IBS diet had been helping me a lot- my Diarrhea was under pretty good control,as long as I didn't slip. I have been having a lot of gas though now- (probably due to gingerale- which is the only thing I can stomach most of the time right now.
Thanks again
Cynthia

#114400 - 10/20/04 02:48 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi cynthia, I'm also TTC right now. I have asked Heather both of these questions and she said she they should be just fine but to cover her butt she also said check with the dr. I have been pregnant twice this past year, both ended in miscarriage for low progesterone. I took both while I was pregnant and plan on doing so next time I'm pregnant!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#114479 - 10/20/04 06:18 PM
Cynthia Anne

Thank you Michelle!
I appreciate you letting me know!
I am only 5 weeks along- we just found out a couple weeks ago.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I have had five all together, but also have four lovely boys that were born healthy. The youngest is almost three. The miscarriages are so horrible to handle! A sad time. I wish you the best of luck with getting pregnant- and even more luck in staying pregnant!
Has your DR considered progesterone supplements (I used them in supposistory form with my 3rd son after having two consecutive miscarriages. My third boy held on and was fine (who knows if that was because of the progesterone, but I've heard it helps!)
Thanks again for the info and help! I feel safe now!
Please let me know what happens with you- I'll be rooting for you! (send me an email!)
Cynthia

Re: Thanks Cynthia new
      #114586 - 10/21/04 07:54 AM
michele

I am using the progesterone suppositories. I start them 3 days after I get a positive ovulation test and stay on them until I test 2 weeks later. This will be my third month using them. If I'm not pregnant, I stop using them and get my period a few days later. If it turns out I am pregnant, I'll use them through the first trimester.

Right now, I'm in that dreaded 2 week wait. I plan on testing on Monday. Did you find that the progesterone made you very emotional??? Every time I start them, I get crazy. Its like a bad emotional pms but much worse. Once I stop them, it seems to get better. I did take them during my last pregnancy but didn't start them until I was 5 weeks. It turned out to be too little too late and had a D&C at 8 weeks. I didn't notice the emotional craziness so much than but than again, I had a lot else going on too. Are you going to use the progesterone for this pregnancy?

--------------------

Re: progesterone new
      #114898 - 10/22/04 09:16 AM
Cynthia Anne

Hi Michele!
Yes, I did notice the more than normal moodiness with the progesterone. But, it's all worth it if it works right!?
Did you mean that you are Preg. testing on Monday?
I found the coolest source for preg tests that are SO accurate that you can test 7-9 days after OVULATION! I had a positive result only 8 days after ovulation. It was wonderful to know so early, especially when you are trying and trying! These preg. tests are so much cheaper than the ones we buy at the drugstore too. You can get 10 of them for like 25$. You can get smaller amounts also. The sell the ovulation predictors for cheap too. I have never had such a wonderful experience with such a sensitive test that you could find out so early!
Also, we were using the regular ov. pred. tests and I didn't want to wait anymore- so I got this ClearBlue Easy fertility monitor and the first month I used it- I was pregnant. It is so exact.
Anyway, sorry for rambling on so much.
Let me know... I'll be praying for success for you and keep my fingers crossed and all that!

(Oh, and I am not using the progesterone this time- hopefully all will be okay- still holding my breath!Nevada is in a sad state with Dr's especially OB/GYN's- they are all quitting the buisness, like my Dr did, or leaving the state- it's hard to get into a DR now. My new Dr won't see patients until at least 10 weeks- and that seems to be the regular consensus- too sad! )
Cynthia

Re: progesterone new
      #114952 - 10/22/04 12:16 PM
michele

Yes, I'm doing a pregnancy test Monday but I'm not very hopeful, I feel no symptoms, other than EXTREME moodiness. I do have the very sensative epts, they test positive at 20 hcg, which is the most sensative on the market. I found them and ovulation tests real cheap at www.cheappregnancytests.com!!! I thought as soon as I "stocked up" on baby making supplies, maybe I wouldn't need them anymore?? Unfortunately, its not working that way! I actually made an appt with the obgyn for next thursday, which is the day I expect my period, so it will be cycle day 1, to talk about putting me on chlomid! My eggs aren't getting any younger!! LOL!!

--------------------

#115064 - 10/22/04 05:35 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I drank peppermint tea throught out both of my pregnancies. I can't imagine the peppermint caps being any different.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#115141 - 10/23/04 03:48 AM
Cynthia Anne

Thanks for your response! I appreciate it. I'ved tried the caps recently and have had a lot of problems with "burping them up." ("morning" sickness and all.)
Thanks for your help though!
Take care,
Cynthia

When were you taking the caps?? new
      #115194 - 10/23/04 09:13 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm not currently pregnant (although we are trying), but I've had really good luck when I take them at least an hour before eating. No burping at all... and I have GERD!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: When were you taking the caps?? new
      #115757 - 10/25/04 03:09 PM
Cynthia Anne

Hi Rachel
I've tried taking them at all differne times- without food or with food. Nothing seems to help. I didn't notice it as much when I was taking them and not preg.
Thanks
Cynthia

Re: test?? new
      #115759 - 10/25/04 03:12 PM
Cynthia Anne

Hi Michele,
How did the test go today?
Cynthia

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6784

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review