All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Anyone else out there pregnant?
      #11383 - 06/11/03 10:04 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm 6 months pregnant now, and in the woes of the discomforts. Heartburn, touchy tummy, fingers and feet swelling, .... I'm managing, but I feel bloated and ugly and nauseous all the time. Anyone else feeling the same way?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone else out there pregnant? new
      #11387 - 06/11/03 10:22 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I'm not now (thank God, now that would send me into hysterics! ha!) but I've spent the better part of the last 4 years pregnant, so I understand too well! Hang in there sweetie, I know it's no consolation right NOW and when I was pregnant I got sick of hearing this, but it really is true - as soon as you meet your new little one, all that discomfort and grief will seem like it happened to someone else, you'll barely remember it. In the meantime, though, by all means take care of yourself and don't push yourself too hard, it's awfully tough on the tummy being pregnant, not only was my IBS-C much worse (I was anemic all 3 times so taking extra iron made it even MORE worse) but had lots of upper GI trouble, too, from the babies pushing up and causing all that heartburn... so take care of yourself and tell yourself how beautiful you are carrying and nurturing for that little life in there!

Hugs!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#11390 - 06/11/03 11:00 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sorry I can't help you Hans other than give you moral support. I've never been pregnant and probably will never be. I'm happy without having kids, however. I like kids, don't get me wrong, I just don't see me as being a mother. My situation is that my husband had a vasectomy long before we met. And I may not be able to have kids anyway because I have a "tipped" uterus. I never have seen kids in my future...even when I was younger before marriage...I never talked of having kids. Some may find that strange, but I'm happy with it just being the two of us and our animal kids. My mom I know wants grandkids and keeps telling me that she doesn't want me to be left alone when I am old. I am the youngest in both of our families and my husband is 13 years older than I. But, I told her it doesn't bother me because I am happy now and that is what matters. I'll deal with getting older alone when and if it happens. I may not be the last one left just because I am the youngest. We never know when we are going to leave this world. Just live today and don't look so far into the future and worry about something that hasn't happened yet. Right? : ) Now I sound like a Oprah or something. Ha! Sorry for rambling.

I really am happy for you. Congratulations again! I can't wait to see what a little joy you have. You'll post some photos won't you?

#11404 - 06/11/03 02:32 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Aren't you suppose to encourage me?? LOL Take it easy, put your feet up. Pamper yourself a little. Doesn't heartburn mean your baby will have lots of hair? BTW, do you know what you are having?

#11417 - 06/11/03 04:44 PM
lynneinca2

Reged: 03/06/03

Quote:

I'm 6 months pregnant now, and in the woes of the discomforts. Heartburn, touchy tummy, fingers and feet swelling, .... I'm managing, but I feel bloated and ugly and nauseous all the time. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Hi "Han" :-)

I guess I need to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Janice (a.k.a. Lynne). I have had IBS for about twelve years mostly D, but can be C depending upon my nerves. I actually just found out that I am pregnant today! This is my first time and I have to say I am totally scared!! I'm already feeling a bit nauseous (I really hate throwing up/nausea) and I'm only in my fourth week. After talking to my mom today I do feel a bit better because she made me concentrate on all the good things about having a baby. I am concerned about having IBS and anxiety (related to the IBS). I feel like it puts a whole different spin on being pregnant! Any and all advice/support you all can offer would be wonderful right now. It helps to have others to talk to who know what IBS and pregnancy are like.

- Lynne

#11421 - 06/11/03 05:19 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Wow! Congrads! Sorry your so sick though. I'm not exspecting but I look like I am since my tummy's huge sadly.

#11439 - 06/11/03 07:50 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Awww you poor thing. I am done having babies (as of five years ago) and everytime I see a baby I don't get those gushy feelings of wanting to have another one. Does that mean I'm done?
My best advice is just take a easy and eat small meals throughout the day for the heartburn. My sister-n-law told me to help with the swelling drink more water. Honestly I forgot the reasoning, but it worked.
Hang in there the next three months will go by fast.

Re: Congrats! new
      #11472 - 06/12/03 06:24 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Wonderful news, sweetie! Anything I can do to help, I'm here. There are several threads in this forum talking about pregnancy and things that can help. Use the search button at the top and type in pregnancy. Read through the stuff and post any questions. Ginger tea is excellent for nausea. I would try that first. Talk to you later!

--------------------

Re: Hey you! new
      #11473 - 06/12/03 06:27 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I haven't talked you you in a while. How are you doing? Any news yet????? It's almost summer .....
Yeah I've heard the old wives tail about hair. Was definitely that way with Liam. He was born with a full head of black hair.
Yes, I know what I'm having. And no, I'm not telling! You'll just have to wait and see the pics when I post them after babe is born.
T - I just want these last 3 months over. I'm already big and uncomfortable .... I'm sure you know what I mean.

--------------------

Re: Hey you! new
      #11488 - 06/12/03 08:50 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

It will be over before you know it and you may look back and wish you were pregnant again.

I can't wait to see the pictures and I hope you delivery is safe and fast. C-section or "natural"?

Yes, it is summer and no, no news. We had a heart to heart last week and it looks like if we do have another child, I will be pregnant before the end of the year. We are now talking about Aug. Your little one may be here before I know or post the news. But nothing yet. Meike keeps asking when she can have a baby brother. She is stuck on me having a boy. Maddie insists I should have two boys. My husband says one more and that is it. Only God knows, right?

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3506

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review