All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I give up......!!!!!
      #113538 - 10/17/04 09:21 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I just want to give up and just not eat anymore. I really don't know how I made it almost a month with no attack. In the last three weeks I have had four attacks. I had another one last night. I ate tacos which is something that I have done before. I use turkey meat and have used the taco seasoning before so I don't know what it was. I am just so tired of this not being able to eat the way everyone else does. I am tired of having to watch what I eat and am I going to have an attack because I ate that certain thing. I can't even participate in the potlucks at work because the last time I did I ended up having an attack.

So I have just decided to eat chicken, toast, eggs and cereal most of the time as I know that I can eat those without having any problems.

I so just wanted to cry so much last night because I thought I was doing good and then it hits again. I HATE IT!! so much. I know everyone does but I am so so sick and tired of being sick and tired most of the time. My family can go out and eat whatever they want and I can't it just not fair what did I do to deserve this horrible diease? I just want to know. I want to go back to my 20's when I didn't have any problems and could eat whatever I wanted and I felt great. Now I have so many medical problems its unbeliveable.

Ok I guess enough of my ranting and raving. I just needed to get this off of my chest and I know that I can do that here. Thanks for listening.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I give up......!!!!! new
      #113540 - 10/17/04 09:30 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

mitch your not the only one who feels bad with ibs. all i can say is just dont give up ibs has to be beat. will there ever be a cure for it no. but theres always hope for us ibs people. hope your feeling good soon. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#113544 - 10/17/04 10:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Vent away... we know how you feel. I *definitely* know how you feel, all too well. I spent a couple months eating nothing but chicken, pasta, broth, and saltines, because those were the only things that never seemed to trigger attacks. I spent so many mealtimes crying on my boyfriend's shoulder, telling him that this is no way to live and that I was just not going to eat anymore, and let myself starve to death.

Needless to say, I didn't starve to death... things did get better... it just took a long, long time. I still have bad days, but not nearly as many as I used to.

Hang in there! If you can, try to look back over the last few weeks and see any improvements, no matter how small. You were able to be stable for almost a month? Don't lose hope because you're not stable now; keep reminding yourself that you did it once and you WILL do it again! Sometimes these stupid attacks are so random... it could have nothing to do with anything you ate at all. Just hang in there - things will get better!

#113546 - 10/17/04 10:18 AM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

You did nothing to deserve IBS. Bad things happen to good people all the time. Just look at Christopher Reeve. Life isn't fair, that's for sure, and there's not much we can do about that. You are not being punished by a vengeful god, I am sure of that. You just got the bad luck of the draw.

This disease is triggered by much more than food. I can be sooo bad and not have an attack and be very good and have an attack. The diet is just one component in a very complex disease.

Have you tried antidepressants? They have really helped a lot of people on these boards.

I know it's hard but try to accept what you cannot change and to change what you can. Have realistic expectations so you don't get disappointed.

Hang in there!!!!!!!! This too shall pass!!!!!!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#113550 - 10/17/04 10:39 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

We alllll get days like that...esp when we have been stable for a while and then get lots of attacks...its such disappointment, hopes are dashed and it hurts. It happened to me 3 nights ago and I just sobbed. But you will feel positive again. Its horrible, nasty, mean and cruel but sometimes it happens no matter how good you have been. Hard to accept, I know, believe me. But we are all here and we all understand so vent away. Its so hard to feel socially out of it while everybody enjoys eating whatever they like....but we don't have a choice, do we? This is out lot and we have to make the best out of it...and the way to do that is to persevere with trying to minimise symptoms....so please don't give up for good XXXXXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#113566 - 10/17/04 12:36 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

We are all here to listen and sympathize with you. After all, who understands better than those who are going through the same things that you are.

A a while ago I was feeling the exactly same things that you are now. I was angry and upset that I have to deal with IBS. I also rebelled and was eating anything I wanted and feeling terrible. One morning I woke up and was tired of feeling sick and went back on Heather's diet and am following it strickly. I am feeling so much better both mentally and physically.

Hang in there, these feeling will pass and I think most of us experience these same feelings from time to time. We are all here for you anytime you need to vent.

--------------------
Janey

#113568 - 10/17/04 12:49 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

You didn't do anything to deserve this!! None of us did!! I understand how you feel though!! We all have days like this! Trust ME!! I have had plenty!!! YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!! If you give up it wins!!!! I nkow how frustrated you are and I know how mad you are!!! It will get better!!! Everyone has off days!! Maybe is not the foods. It could be stress or lack of sleep or just your tummy being a real jerk!!! Just don't give up!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#113618 - 10/17/04 03:24 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Thank you everyone for you replies. I won't give up but am still frustrated. Yes I am taking AD's and have been for awhile. They do help but I don't know if it is stress or the food. I try not to let the stress get to me but you know sometimes life does that to you. I will look back and remember that yes I almost made it a month I can do it again but when you have four attacks in three weeks thats hard to do. I will just start over again and hope to achieve the goal of a month.

It would be nice though if they could just make a pill or a drink that would make this all go away. But I know that will never happen. I am still pretty new to this as it has only been 2 years for me since being diagnosed and just within the last year have been following Heathers diet. I will just go from the beginning and work really hard.

Thank you so much for letting me vent I am soooo glad that I have this place to come to that understands everything that I go through.

Hugs to everyone and thanks again. I love you all your the best!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Michelle

#113621 - 10/17/04 03:50 PM
shelley29

Reged: 08/25/04
Loc: Northeast, USA

Howdy,
I know how you feel, this is a very frustrating predicament to be in. I strongly identify with most everything you said. When I visit my folks, they initiate a back and forth about what I can eat and where we can go & even if we're eating at their house, they get antsy about what to make. For weeks, all I felt comfortable eating was pretzels, oatmeal, applesauce, angel food cake and honeycombs. I've been lucky (been following the diet 2 1/2 months and been feeling pretty decent, a couple of days of feeling a little off.) All I can say is 'you are not alone & hang in there'! I don't know if you take any medications or not. I'm not a big believer in taking medication everyday, but I have been taking low dose antidepressants the whole time I've been following the diet & I don't know how much it helps, but I can say that I'm the nervous type & I do feel that helps take away some of my gitters.
Hang in there... it will get better!

--------------------
-shelley
take it one day at a time.

Hey Mitch new
      #113683 - 10/18/04 01:30 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Are you taking a SFS? V. important. Also, are you A, C or D. Sorry - I have the worst memory! Everyone has to keep on telling me stuff.

It's very annoying I know, especially when you've been good on the diet. But you have to remember that IBS triggers can have a cumulative effect - and these triggers include stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, weather conditions... So if you're stressed, foods that would normally be okay can not be. And if you've eaten something bad, foods that would normally be okay can also not be. It's cumulative - there's a build up effect. Hence why, if you cheat once and don't pay, don't push your luck!

So if you know that you're stressed or tired, be EXTRA good and stick to SF foods that day. Hopefully that way, you can avoid attacks.

Good luck!

PS. You're the second person on here that I thought was a guy and have recently found out was a girl! V. confusing!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2777

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review