All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Couple questions
      #113532 - 10/17/04 08:57 AM
prtyblueeyz

Reged: 12/19/03
Loc: USA Michigan

I was wondering if it was safe to eat pickles, if it safe should I peel them first? I was also wondering since I am very sensative to high fructose corn syrup is it the same to eat foods with corn syrup. I don't seem to get sick from eating foods with corn syrup but I also don't eat very much of it because I am not sure if it is the same.

Thanks
Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Couple questions new
      #113535 - 10/17/04 09:11 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello!!
I can't help ya with pickle question!! Sorry. But Corn Syrup and HFCS are two differant things!! Corn Syurp is safe!! HFCS NOT SO MUCH!!
Hope this helps!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#113537 - 10/17/04 09:16 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I can eat pickles without problems. However, the ones that have lots of garlic on them or in the juice, I can't. You have to watch though cause sometimes pickles can give you indegestion. For some reason straight cucumbers do that to me which is odd since pickles are cucumbers. Who knows! IBS is such a hard thing to understand

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#113539 - 10/17/04 09:26 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

hi prtyblueeyz. i eat sweet pickles sometimes. they havent got me sick yet. high fructose is a bad trigger fo me. not so much corn surup is ok with my tummy. hope this helps with your answers. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#113623 - 10/17/04 04:09 PM
prtyblueeyz

Thank you all very much. You have no idea what a relief that was to find out that corn syrup was completely different and safe. HFCS is a huge trigger for me but I have never once got sick eating anything with just corn syrup in it. It is so hard to find things to eat these days that don't have some thing that is not good for the IBS. I eat bread all the time and where I live I can't seem to find bread that does not have wheat, well not around where I live, I would have to drive about a half an hour from here so I started saying heck with it and now I eat it even if there is wheat flour. I imagine it may be hard on me but I was diognosed with IBS-C so I actually think it helps, besides that I won't take fiber supplements so that is all I get.
Thank you again!!!!!!!!
Jennifer

jennifer- new
      #113627 - 10/17/04 04:30 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

where in MI are you that you can't find things? I know I have issues finding them wihtout searching but I am luck to live here in Ann Arbor where we have all kinds of specialty stores...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: jennifer- new
      #113801 - 10/18/04 12:35 PM
prtyblueeyz

I live in Harrison Twp. I used to go to Shoppers market in Warren where I was staying but I sware not even 2 days would go by and the bread would go bad. If you ever want to email me my email is prtyblueeyz@comcast.net

Take care
Jenn

Shoppers, yuk new
      #113812 - 10/18/04 01:07 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Have you noticed that too about shoppers' bread?? It drives me nuts! I never buy anything fresh at Shoppers, if I can manage it. I always go to another store to buy bread or rolls. Even their cans are dented. Makes me wonder where they get all this bargain basement food. Conspiracy theories abound...!

~nelly~

Re: Shoppers, yuk new
      #113814 - 10/18/04 01:10 PM
prtyblueeyz

You know I grew up right by there so that is really the only store my mom took us too, when I was a kid it seemed so much nicer but as the years went on it got worse. I worked there a couple of times and it just went down hill. My mom bought sandwich spread from there once and found a wood chip in it, those idiots gave my mom 20 dollars store credit and blew it off. I don't usually shop there because most of the food I eat I can't get there anyways but that place had the bread.

Jenn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1091

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review