All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need some help about the Zoloft
      #112761 - 10/13/04 02:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well my side effects are still strong, but now I am more tired and weak and cold and shaky. Still nauseated and feeling kind of not up to anything mentally. But now I want to sleep, curl up with tons of blankets and snore away. I suppose since I didn't sleep much for 3 nights this is the backlash. Anyway my husband says I should go off it; call the doc and say it isn't working out. But I think it is best to ride it out. What do you think? Should I call the doc again about it or just bear up?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some help about the Zoloft new
      #112768 - 10/13/04 02:40 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

How long have you been taking it?? Have the side effects changed at all? Are you sure your not coming down with a bug?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#112772 - 10/13/04 02:50 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I would say ride it out. Try taking it at night or later in the day so you get the biggest benefit of that sleepiness when it does you the most good. If your husband is really concerned you could call and see what the doctor says, but he or she will probably say ride it out.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#112773 - 10/13/04 02:52 PM
Little Minnie

Well I could be except that I don't get the flu and I don't have sniffles or a sore throat. But I started 50mg Sunday and was nauseous and zippity do da all night long. Then I called the doc Monday and she oked going to 25mg for a week. So Tuesday I was pretty much the same but not so freaked out by it. Today I have gotten sleepier and I think I slept more last night but I am still feeling not myself and can't think and I'm nauseous and don't want to eat (that has been all week). So I think this is a preliminary thing and I should bear with it but my husband is concerned it isn't good for me.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#112774 - 10/13/04 02:54 PM
Little Minnie

I'm sure she will. But I was on no sleep til today so I have been taking the pill earlier; now it has switched so I could take tomorrow's pill later. I have to work tomorrow for sure and I am afraid of having a bad day. (today btw is icky, cold and rainy so maybe i'm just cold from that.)

--------------------

Re: Hang in There!!! new
      #112778 - 10/13/04 03:04 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I would say hang in there!! It will probbaly take about two to three weeks for the side effects to wear off!! I would start taking it at night! About Seven or Eight at night!! I hope you feel better soon!! Hang in there it will get better soon!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

OKay! I feel better already thanks everyone -nt new
      #112782 - 10/13/04 03:16 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

#112818 - 10/13/04 05:27 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hon, I would ride it out like the others said. The benefits are way worth the side effects. You'll likely feel better within days - not weeks. The side effects are usually very short lived.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Was up most of the night new
      #113020 - 10/14/04 02:11 PM
Little Minnie

But I am taking my next dose now and assume I will not sleep much tonight. However I don't work tomorrow so I don't care so much. I really don't know why I got so drowsy yesterday. I wanted to sleep from 1-6 in the afternoon! I did fine today except for occasional queasiness.

--------------------

for the record new
      #113490 - 10/16/04 07:34 PM
Little Minnie

The side effects are mostly gone now. I have one more day on half dose. I slept well the last 2 nights! and the nausea is fading. I am not shaky anymore either. I hope I react well to going back to 50mg but I think I will since it is just new drugs that get me.
Whoa the worst was Xenadrine a couple years ago. I stopped it and then took another one awhile later and I was so hepped up I thought I was on cocaine.
Anyway I am doing better now in case anyone was thinking of trying Zoloft.

--------------------

#113494 - 10/16/04 09:22 PM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

I've been on and off of zoloft for 3 years. When I went back on, I had the side effects you talk of too, but now after a little they go away totally. My suggestions:
1. take with food, so it absorbs better
2. take in the morning
3. if you find that the dosage is too high for you, ask your doctor if you can split the dose into 2 smaller portions, and take it twice a day (ie 50mg, take 25 with breakfast, and 25 with dinner)

I am on 100 mg, and when I started again the 25 made me all jittery, but now I notice nothing but CALM. ride it out. your body will adjust to it in due time. but if you feel really bad, then maybe you just need a small dose. THere is no need for everyone to be on a 50 mg dose for it to be effective. SOme people are more sensitive than others, and that is why your doctor should play with the dosage to see what is right for YOU. GOod luck!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1261

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review