All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
The menu at Le Peep Restaurant
      #11238 - 06/10/03 08:32 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I will be joining a group of friends tomorrow for brunch at Le Peep Restaurant. Obviously, it wouldn't be my choice of place of eat, but since it is a birthday celebration, the birthday girl got to choose. There's a lot of high fat, greasy food on the menu including egg skillet dishes, omelets, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, diced potatoes, skillet apples, French toast, etc. You can order the omelets with just egg whites, but most come with cheese and lots of vegetables. Anyone familiar with this restaurant that could give me some guidelines as to what to order? I looked up the menu online, but most of it did not seem IBS friendly. All I remember is that the last time I ate there most of the skillet dishes were sitting in grease! I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast and they do offer it on their menu, but I would like to order something else since it's a special occasion. If I ask for a dish to be prepared with little fat and drink my Benefiber, should I be ok if I order the egg-white omelet, with potatoes, and baked apples?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The menu at Le Peep Restaurant new
      #11283 - 06/10/03 01:16 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Maybe get the egg-white omelet or scrambled egg whites, but ask that they not be cooked in butter. I'm not sure about the potatoes. Do you know how they're cooked? Usually they are fried. Maybe get an english muffin or bagel to go with the eggs? Also, I'd ask what's in the baked apples, because they may have butter.

Since you have the menu, you may be able to call ahead to check your options, find out what's in certain dishes so you'll feel more comfortable going--not worrying about what you're going to do when you get there.

Re: The menu at Le Peep Restaurant new
      #11290 - 06/10/03 01:48 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Maybe you can bring a peppermint tea bag and fiber to help you of

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review