All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Wow, Jen, THANKS!!!!! new
      #112856 - 10/13/04 11:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It must have take a ton of work for you to get all that info. together for me...thanks bunches!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food For Thought new
      #112857 - 10/13/04 11:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

Belinda,

i am wondering if maybe i can eat other veggies...and i don't know it yet? i haven't tried pureed vegiies amd we don't have a blender....do u thin that's something we should get? or is buying pureed babcy food in the store sufficient?

thanks

*hugs*

ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Tinkyada brands, sweetie... new
      #112858 - 10/13/04 11:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

KANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *big hugs*

I haven't seen you in forver!

so far the Tinkyada i've come across has all been brown rice pasta. is that what you eat? wate hurts my tummy....sll the tsests came back neg...but i feel it when i eat it potatos...i don't know...i feel weird when i eat them. not tests...just they make me feel weird (can't exzplin the feeling).

it seems a lot o foods if i eat them, say, once every 2 weeks are ok. i have thse in-between foods that are fine on a once in a while bais. it's so werid and i'm not really sure how to handle those food...

how ARe you Kandee? i'll be thinking about you this wekeend. i WISH i could go SO BAD....i hope i can come next time!!! i'm gonna be thinking about you and everyone else and wishing iw as there to meet y'all....

ENJOY Vegas....

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over... new
      #112860 - 10/13/04 11:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Chigal,

thanks! i think for mayo i'm gonna give fat free hellman's or miracle whip a try. or something from a health food store.

OR teeny tiny quantities of whatever we have in the house.

the rice mix sounds super duper! i'll have to try rhtat...

If you ever want to give OA a try again, we could do it together. The food plans are tough...but I'm finding ways to do it little by little. If you want e-mail me I'd love to have a friend who's been there *hugs*

Love ya girl!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hi I'm not new...but I want to start over... new
      #112863 - 10/13/04 11:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Sheri!

Wow, thanks for all the info. I never considere Amerenth but now I will!

i really enjoy reading your posts...they're super! you're really caring and kind and you care about other's feelings...i think that;s terrific!

i agree with the chamomile! it' super for all the stuff i have going on you're right on there!

i think with brown rice i have to mix it with white. i have jasmine brown rice at home and i need to get more white to go with it.

stir fry's are yum...and i like fish with my rice tons....so hopefully i'll get enough chicken! i can't eat soy or sugar...but those smoothies are DELICIOUS!!!

if you think of anything else....i'f love to hear your ideas! thanks for your sympahty...i DO have lots os stuff worjking against one another...but i guess i'll have to be crarive and come up with a plan that wirks for me. that takes time...and it's tough when you have so many things goig on at one. but obne day i;ll have a better handle on the fibro and and a routine there and i will be able to refine other things even better!

anyhow, it's GREAT you've been on the boards, and thank for the heloo. you're super sweet! *hugs*
Love,
ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thajns everyone *hugs* new
      #112968 - 10/14/04 10:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

You guys gave me tons of info!

i had puffed millet cereal for breakfast...it was pretty yum.
I'll let you know what else I come up wit...

sorry very sleeoy and out of it...been bit by that from agaibn...write more soon!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Babyfood new
      #112969 - 10/14/04 11:07 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ruchie:

I often buy pureed babyfood! It saves a lot of time and work in the kitchen!

However, if you want to buy pureed babyfood too, please make sure you read the ingredients on the jars. I think Gerbers is a good brand in the U.S. because often you can buy a "pure" product that contains just the fruit or vegetable pictured on the jar. For example, Gerbers apple sauce would just contain apples and maybe a little Ascorbic Acid, but nothing else. For some babyfood there could be other ingredients listed (corn starch or whatever), so just check the label before buying it.

You may prefer to buy organic babyfood, but I find organic babyfood generally doesn't taste very good! (Don't know why.) I really love Gerbers, but, alas, it's not available here in Canada so I can only indulge when I am in the U.S.

Yes, a blender might be a good idea although I never find the time to use mine. I think one of Heather's books lists what equipment is needed for an IBS kitchen. You might want to check out her books -- which are probably available at a U.S. bookstore like Borders.

Bon Apetite!

Belinda

Taters new
      #112970 - 10/14/04 11:17 AM
belinda

Are you eating the potato skin, or just the white "meat"? The skin could certainly aggravate IBS, but generally the white part is fine. Maybe you have an allergy to potatoes. I thought they were bothering me too for awhile, but then it turned out I was often eating them with red meat, which I later found out was an IBS trigger. And here I was blaming the taters!

By the way, before you get too excited about surviving last night's dinner, please bear in mind that sometimes you could get a delayed IBS reaction. Often I get sick the next day or even a couple days after eating something. That's what makes it so difficult sometimes to control IBS and to figure out what is causing the discomfort.

Belinda

Re: HELP!Diabetic#2 new
      #112973 - 10/14/04 11:28 AM
belinda

Mimi:

This is a very tough problem. Diabetes is rampent in my family and I have been unable to tolerate sugar for 20 years now without getting dizzy spells even though I am not yet "officially" diabetic.

The trouble with IBS is that insoluble fibre (unrefined fibre like whole wheat bread or brown rice) can trigger IBS attacks. Soluble fibre (refined foods like white bread and white rice) are usually fine for IBS, but they are very bad for diabetics because of the high sugar content in refined foods

I think this is something you would need to consult a doctor on. You obviously can't eat a food that shoots your blood sugar too high, but, on the other hand, you can't eat a food that's good for your blood sugar but triggers painful IBS attacks. This is such a terrible dilemma.

You might have to stay away from refined foods and work with the IBS safe foods that remain. Or maybe you might need to increase your diabetes medication (if you are taking medication) to cope with the extra sugar.

As I say, this is a very difficult dilemma. I'm hoping I won't be facing the same situation myself one day. My heart goes out to you.

Belinda

Re: white basmati has the same glyceamic index as brown rice -nt new
      #112974 - 10/14/04 11:30 AM
belinda

This is very interesting information!

Is the basmati rice still a soluble fibre even though it has the same glyceamic index as brown rice?

I have noticed I tolerate basmati rice much better than other types of white rice I was eating, but I don't know why.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2837 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5617

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review