All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Oops! Almost did myself in!!
      #112140 - 10/11/04 05:54 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I guess I got a little too aggressive with my dinner tonight, because about 30 min after eating I started getting the severe pain that doubles me over it's so bad. (My DH has seen many examples of this over the 24 years we're together -- he calls it my "crab walk!")

But I'm already feeling better because I quickly took some Mylanta liquid and a Gas-X gelcap and jumped into bed with my heating pad on my tummy and a cup of peppermint tea! (Before I found this website, I only knew to take the Mylanta which helps but not nearly enough by itself!)

So what did I eat? A perfectly IBS-safe meal!! Yes, really! But obviously it was just a wee bit too much insoluble given that a) I'm PMS, b) I took a naproxen earlier to forestall a migraine (it worked!). Although I took an Imodium with it, it definitely set me up for this.

So let me tell you what I ate, because it was delicious, creative and theoretically safe! I took some cooked pasta shapes, bowties, and tossed them with finely chopped cooked brussels sprouts, pistachios, cherry tomatoes cut in quarters, fake bacon bits, onion powder, butter substitute, oregano, salt and pepper, then microwaved it until everything was heated through which cooked the tomatoes and pistachios making them even safer!

I ate it with two pieces of French bread and was SO proud of myself (the fibro-frogged non-cook) for coming up with such a great combination just from what we had in the refrigerator! Actually, I do that quite often and am pretty good at it, but this time I was especially creative (pistachios!!).

So a little gas pain, no problem! It was a yummy dinner! I've paid the price, but it was worth it!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oops! Almost did myself in!! new
      #112145 - 10/11/04 06:01 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

You've really got this all down to a science. That's amazing.

As I said in another post, today is Cdn. Thanksgiving and I celebrated with lots of gravy on my mashed potatoes and turkey. So far, so good, but I may pay for it.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#112147 - 10/11/04 06:03 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

P.S. You couldn't pay me to eat brussel sprouts again. Too scary for someone with IBS-D. I doubt I will ever touch veggies like brussel sprouts and broccoli again.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#112161 - 10/11/04 06:25 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Not even with gravy on them, Abby??!! Just kidding!

I'm lucky, cooked broccoli and bsprouts don't bother me as long as I have SF with them and keep the portions small. Since I'm allergic or intolerant to so many veggies, it's a good thing!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

OMG, LS new
      #112162 - 10/11/04 06:27 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You got me on that one! My stomach actually TURNED OVER when I read the word "gravy." Ha hahaha!! Good one!!

Sorry to butt--

~nelly~

#112177 - 10/11/04 07:08 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Sorry Laura but glad it didn't get too bad. The brussel sprouts & tomatoes would have done me in. Also, it might have been the amount you ate. If I eat till I'm full I'm a gonner.

Re YIKES!! new
      #112190 - 10/11/04 08:10 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am glad you are doing better and din't get D!!! I hope you are ok and feeling great again. I love my Gas X!!! I think I will buy some stock in that company so every time I buy some I am paying myself!!! Maybe all us gas x users could chip in and just take over the company there is enough of us!!!LOL
Hope your doing good <<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>

--------------------
Heather7476

Phew! new
      #112195 - 10/11/04 08:25 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Its a good thing you were able to spring into action and take care of things!
How far along are you now? It seems like forever!

--------------------
-Sheri

#112204 - 10/11/04 09:44 PM
Angie22

Reged: 10/08/04

I agree...brousel sprouts!! no way i could, i am a chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, i am not D i am actually C but bloating and gas are my biggest problem. You are soooo brave!! I will make that meal, though, without the sprouts
I am so glad you are ok and so proud of yourself!!

Angie

#112228 - 10/12/04 03:28 AM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

Cherry tomatoes! No way! They are nothing but skin and pips and guarantee disaster for me.

Almost everything we eat upsets someone ... it's very mysterious ...

Josephine

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 504 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1913

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review