All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pain
      #111797 - 10/10/04 07:36 AM
peggyann

Reged: 10/09/04
Loc: st louis mo

while i am at this, do any of you wake up at night sometime with pain? Not every night i do this, but seems to be happying more often. It is in my lt lower area. It is just pain. Sometimes i have to go to the bathroom sometimes i dont. I just take my librax and that seems to help some.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pain new
      #111802 - 10/10/04 08:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That's not a typical symptom of IBS. You need to tell your doctor about this. When were you diagnosed? Did you have a colonoscopy done then?

Hi Peggyann new
      #111813 - 10/10/04 10:26 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Peggyann,

Welcome to the boards. I have a best friend named Peggy, too.

Sorry you are having the pains at night. I don't usually have that although once in a while I will have mild cramping through the night and then get up with "D" but thank goodness it doesn't happen too often. Usually it's from a trigger food I ate.

I am on Librax, too. I have panic attacks and anxiety. It seems to relax me and relax my tummy, too, so it's not tied up in knots when I eat.

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you but hope you feel better soon.

Barbie

--------------------

#111816 - 10/10/04 11:09 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Welcome to the boards Peggyann!

I also had pain that woke me from a sound sleep(lower abdominal). Althought it happened infrequently, when it did happen it was almost unbearable. I have had all the tests and have been diagnosed with IBS.

Following Heather's diet has eliminated that "unbearable pain" and the only time I have real trouble is when I eat a trigger (usually unknowingly).

If you haven't had all the tests to rule out other conditions, please do so, as this type of pain can be a symptom Crohn's etc.

Hope this helps & hope you feel better soon.

Kim

#111824 - 10/10/04 11:57 AM
peggyann

thanks kim,
have had all test!! no chrons! THANK GOD!! just started on heathers book. Hope to be better in next couple of weeks.
There was so many days that i just sat and cryed. but that just seems to make it worse. Anew future ahead I hope.
peggy

Re: Hi Peggyann new
      #111825 - 10/10/04 12:01 PM
peggyann

Hi Barbie,
I love the librax..wonderful stuff. I also have alot of anxiety. 2 new jobs last 6mths my husband had cancerlast year,and also have a 18 yr daughter trying to decided on what she is going to do!! Lots of stress. but thanks for the welcome!
peggy

#111826 - 10/10/04 12:09 PM
peggyann

thanks Linz,
Yes i habve had colonoscopy,and upper too! stool cultures,blood work ,Idont have crohns biospys,female doctor stuffand so on.
It is just plain wierd. I also have problems with p latley
so i have had a d/c done too. They all say this is ibs.I dont have it all the time,but i am learning that maybe it is a trigger food. I have had been dignosed with ibs about 12 years ago. but it has never been this bad before either.
Lots of stress in my life right now. but i am going to change the way i fell and eat. tired of the stuff.
thanks
peggy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4042 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review