All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! Hunger Strike!!
      #11178 - 06/09/03 04:37 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Ever since my big attack on Saturday, it seems that my hunger has gone completely on strike- an it totally stinks. I find myself eating next to nothing and when i force myself to eat, I get stuffed really fast. For instance, for dinner, I ha peppermint tea, a baked potato and chicken breast on a hamburger bun. Well, after I ate the baked potato, I felt really full, an forced down the chicken (could only eat half) Does anyone know whats goin' here? Im really scared of losing weight again, and need some help!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Hunger Strike!! new
      #11196 - 06/09/03 05:59 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Maybe your stomach is just trying to get back on track. I wouldn't stuff yourself, because you may bring on another attack from overload!

Maybe just eat what you can, put it away, then have some more a little later? Like 1-2 hours or so?

#11198 - 06/09/03 06:04 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I've been there, my advice is to eat a little something as often as possible until things get back to normal, like every hour even if possible, until you're able to eat more of a meal. Good luck!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#11205 - 06/09/03 08:45 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

The best thing to do is not to panic about losing weight -- the stress is not what you need right now! Just remember that like in the past, this will eventually get better, and you can resume your normal eating habits. For now, just eat what you can, keep it to high-calorie foods if possible so that you can get part of your requirement in. Give it a couple of days, and hopefully you'll start coming back to where you were. I went through the same thing, and had the same worries, but it eventually stabilized for me and things worked out in the end.

Hope you feel better soon!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4732 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 481

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review