All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
diabetes answers
      #111279 - 10/07/04 10:13 PM
MiMiLu

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Subs of Detroit,MI.

Have ?'s about diabetes and ibs. I cannot eat wht breads and rice or my sugar will soar, so if I drink Acaia fiber in water prior to eating will that count as a soluble fiber first?or does it have to be food? caz I always eat protien first due to sugar. Please someone help me,I have the books and fiber but not read much yet and can't find answer so far. Thanks......

--------------------
Mary(MiMiLu) I have ibs,diverticulosis,diabetes,
HBP, and a lot of weight to lose.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: diabetes answers new
      #111282 - 10/07/04 10:21 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Don't know much about it, but this info is in Heather's FAQ section.

Hopefully someone will be able to get you some more data

--------------------
~*Amber*~

hypoglycemic here new
      #111298 - 10/08/04 03:53 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

not hyper (or traditional diabetic) but I would talk to your doctor about meeting with a dietician and take your old diet and the IBS guidelines and see what they suggest...

you might be amazed.. I always avoided raw sugar and simple carbs because they digested too fast causing spikes in my sugar levels, but eating them with proteins 6 times a day seems to balance me so I am ok.. just eating smaller amounts.. I try to keep teh overal size of my snacks to about 200 calories and meals to about 300, but there is some leeway and for the most part I have no problem doing it and am thriving on this.. and maintaining to losing weight.. actually losing faster then I was pre-ibs... I find either having a supplement or a small amount of soluble fiber food with each meal is fine, and easy enough.. and I can even eat pasta for one to 2 meals a day with sauce and protein in it... without throwing my blood sugar all out of whack.. I'd definitely talk to a dietician though and see what they suggest before playing around too much with it..

good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 400

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review