All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about IBS attacks...
      #111033 - 10/07/04 06:29 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

Are IBS attacks a cumulative thing? For instance, I had coffee one morning last week and I felt fine. So I had it for a couple more mornings and still did fine, but then yesterday I had this horrible burning feeling in my stomach and I felt really gassy and bloated. This happened in the afternoon, not right after drinking the (mostly decaf) coffee. Could the burning in my stomach be caused by having coffee a few mornings in a row? Is it possible to eat/drink a trigger food and be fine, but then feel the effects of it a couple of days later?

Just wondering...By the way I had green tea this morning, NOT coffee

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about IBS attacks... new
      #111053 - 10/07/04 08:09 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Sometimes I eat a food and don't get a reaction until a few days later. When my tummy is good, it tends to stay good. When it's bad, it can take days of not cheating for it to feel better.

Try not to overdo it on the cheating! It's human nature to forget the rules. I cheat once, and then I think I'm suddenly cured. CURED! I say! Then I eat a bunch of whatever it is, and get sick. Sick and sad cos I made myself this way by not sticking to The Rules. Everything in moderation! A cup of coffee on a Tuesday will do less harm if you don't chase it with a pot of coffee Wednesday thru Saturday!

~nelly~

#111068 - 10/07/04 09:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have similiar problems. Like strawberries, for example, LOVE"EM!! I do fine if I have them say Monday and Thursday, but if I have them 2-3 days in a row, ouch. I'm like that with a lot of foods really! Like the other post said, if your stable, you can usually get away with a little more. But if your IBS is already upset, stay clear of questionable things!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Yep, quite often they are! new
      #111132 - 10/07/04 12:40 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you cheat once and are ok, don't think you can just do it again, but thank your lucky stars you're okay and savour the memory! Remember as well, that an external trigger, like stress, can also be "added" to a food trigger, so watch out if stress looms!

#111175 - 10/07/04 01:46 PM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

Thanks for the replies It is so hard for me to not cheat when I am feeling good

...and I still miss my morning cup of coffee even though I have gotten used to not having it.

#111222 - 10/07/04 04:31 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Man do I hear you about the coffee. I quit cold turkey *gasp* almost 4 weeks ago. I almost reached for a cup this morning!!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review