All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I am thinking the same thing new
      #111593 - 10/08/04 07:46 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

is my ibs mostly related to PD? Or is my PD because of IBS? I wish there was an answer and a magic pill! Thanks for the info on a safe person, I will have to try it. Any ideas or hints are helpful!

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am thinking the same thing new
      #111628 - 10/08/04 10:15 PM
Teresa Lynn

Reged: 09/16/04

Hi heather robin,
I hope you're feeling better. I'll be glad to help you anyway I can. There is a magic pill, but you might be like me and refuse to take anything for it for years. Finding the right meds was the best thing that ever happened to me.
I can at least deal with it now. I do think IBS is connected to the PD. When I was seven, I remember being out of school for a week because of D and then it would happen off and on until I was an adult. Now, it looks like I might get to gain control of it. Teresa

Re: Anyone NOT Taking Soluble Fiber Products? new
      #111635 - 10/09/04 03:48 AM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Laura,
I was hospitalized with food poisoning in Jul & had a real bout of C afterwards. I was up and down taking the Acacia & Peppermint Caps. At this point I take Equalactin when needed. I use Heather's diet as a guideline. I do know definite foods to stay away from (red meat, really cheesy things, yogurt). I tend to feel like a fraud, I have a mild case of IBS compared to what I read about here on the boards, but of course I am thankful.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Re: Hello Teresa Lynn new
      #111690 - 10/09/04 11:34 AM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Nice to meet you too!

I take Effexor for anxiety and depression. I don't like SSRIs because I think they mess with sleep cycles.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#111700 - 10/09/04 12:14 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hi Abby,
Yep, they send me right over the moon and are way too stimulating for me. Did you try Effexor when it first came out? Wow, did they ever have a lot of problems with it. I took one pill and thought I'd dropped down into the rabbit hole with Alice. The new formulation is supposed to be great, but I have marked all of the new SSRI's off of my list of meds to try. Thanks, Teresa

#111751 - 10/09/04 05:34 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

What happened to me is I was on Paxil for 4 years and it stopped working. My sleep was terrible. I tried Zoloft, no better, then Serzone, which has since been declared dangerous and taken off the market, and then Effexor. This was in 2001. It has literally been a lifesaver for me.

I am also prone to seasonal affective disorder so I have a lightbox on my desk and turn it on for 45 minutes every morning in the winter, which is looooong here in Ontario.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Anyone NOT Taking Soluble Fiber Products? new
      #111770 - 10/09/04 07:44 PM
Rylee

Reged: 10/09/04

You must take a Fiber supplement to keep things stable but you must increase it slowly, not matter what kind you take. If you increase it quickly, you will have gas or D so make sure to gradually work up to a good amount. If you don't get enough you can have frequent BM's also. You need to keep increasing it until you have one BM a day, sometimes two. Then you are on the right amount for you. My right amount is 9 fibercon a day. Love ya all!

#111772 - 10/09/04 08:35 PM
Teresa Lynn

Hi Abby,
I'm glad you found something to replace the Paxil. They have warnings out on several of the new SSRI's at this time. I can't remember if Effexor was on the list or not. It doesn't matter though because it is helping you and that's the important thing. My mother informed me that I would get no Vitamin D benefits unless I went outside every day for at least 15 minutes and I have considered getting a light box myself because this is turning into a drizzly, drab Fall here. Thanks, Teresa

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2665 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18294

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review