All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Help!!! Is this IBS? What the heck is going on?!!!
      #10999 - 06/07/03 05:12 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Okay guys, Im on levsin 3X a day, benefiber, a calcium supplement and Im following the ibs food diet plan. Well, I woke up this morning, had breakfast and fiber and had terrible, terrible D! After that, I had to visit the bathroom a number of times. So I then took a hot bath. When I was done, I got up and started to feel really really dizzy. Then I lost conscienceness and regained it about a 3 seconds later. I mustve passed out, cause I was sittin in the bathtub. It was really weird. Do you guys think this is IBS or what? Oh and also, I noticed that whenever im having one of my bad days, my muscles spasms out. FOr instance, my arm or my leg will start moving really fast (like muscle twitching) Today it was my arm. WHat in the heck is going on?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Edited by ConcreteAngel (06/07/03 05:20 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!!! Is this IBS? What the heck is going on?!!! new
      #11002 - 06/07/03 05:31 AM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

The muscle spams doesn't sound good to me. I do get muscle spams from taking Paxil - are you on an anti-D?
You could have lost conscience from being in hot bath water too long and standing up too fast. The D probably already made you weak.
Barbara

#11003 - 06/07/03 05:37 AM
ConcreteAngel

no, im not taking an anti-D. I am on Levsin, but ive been getting these spasms before i started taking the medicine. Thanks for your care

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#11007 - 06/07/03 06:19 AM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Are you drinking enough water and eating enough food. Is your weight okay? Just want to make sure you are not dehydrated.

#11008 - 06/07/03 06:23 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey Angela!

I don't know what's going on. Have you been keeping track of what you're eating? Just because sometimes what's supposed to be safe, sometimes isn't for everyone. For me it's carrots. I can eat them, but I have to watch how much, and definitely not two days in a row! And, carrots are supposed to be safe. Just a thought.....

What kind of calcium supplement are you taking? Are you still taking Tums? Does that count as a calcium supplement?

I thought the same thing as Barbara about the hot bath and getting up too fast.

Have you told your doc about the muscle spasms? I've never heard of that. Maybe someone else has?

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I do hope you find some answers. I'm worried about ya. Keep us posted.

#11010 - 06/07/03 06:24 AM
ConcreteAngel

Lisa, ive been drinking more water than usual because ive been taking fiber, also im def. eating enough. THanks for your concern

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Help!!! Is this IBS? -Mags new
      #11011 - 06/07/03 06:28 AM
ConcreteAngel

Mags, I have been taking a tums supplement and i think i may have ate too much for dinner last night, cause i did stuff myself! I havnt told my doc about the muscle spasms, but thats just because i rarely ever see her. I have told my mom about them though, and shes an RN at least. As for the IBS, my colonoscopy is June 24th, and i cant wait. My reg gastro was gonna do it, but she cant do it until july 16th and there is no way im waiting that long, so i just made an appt with another gastro for the 24th. thanks for your concern and support

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Help!!! Is this IBS? -Mags new
      #11013 - 06/07/03 06:37 AM
*Melissa*

Is the Tums supplement an antacid? I just read in The First Year under calcium "Do NOT take antacids containing calcium--all antacids have a laxative effect."

What does your mom say about the spasms since she's an RN?

Re: Help!!! Is this IBS? -Antacids new
      #11014 - 06/07/03 06:42 AM
ConcreteAngel

My mom thinks that the spasms are caused my a vitamin deficiancy (since i dont drink milk, i guess)
As for the tums, they carry very little magnesium and i know that they constipate me, because for one, on the tums website, it warns that taking tums as a caclium supplement will cause constipation and 2, when i first started taking it last summer, i noticed that it did induce constipation when i needed it. Maybe heather is reffering to antacids that contain all magnesium?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Help!!! Is this IBS? -Antacids new
      #11016 - 06/07/03 06:51 AM
*Melissa*

Hmmm, I don't know. She didn't specify that. Maybe she will give us more info.

Anyway, hope you get feeling better soon.

Levsin Information new
      #11019 - 06/07/03 08:07 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Levsin Side Effects / Hyoscyamine

Online Information ' Side Effects ' Overdose ' Dosage ' Patient Information ' Warnings ' Pharmacology

Not all of the following adverse reactions have been reported with hyoscyamine sulfate. The following adverse reactions have been reported for pharmacologically similar drugs with anticholinergic/antispasmodic action. Adverse reactions may include dryness of the mouth; urinary hesitancy and retention; blurred vision; tachycardia; palpitations; mydriasis; cycloplegia; increased ocular tension; loss of taste; headache; nervousness; drowsiness; weakness; dizziness; insomnia; nausea; vomiting; impotence; suppression of lactation; constipation; bloated feeling; allergic reactions or drug idiosyncrasies; urticaria and other dermal manifestations; ataxia; speech disturbance; some degree of mental confusion and/or excitement (especially in elderly persons); and decreased sweating.

Drug Interactions

Additive adverse effects resulting from cholinergic blockade may occur when LEVSIN is administered concomitantly with other antimuscarinics, amantadine, haloperidol, phenothiazines, monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants or some antihistamines. Antacids may interfere with the absorption of LEVSIN. Administer LEVSIN before meals; antacids after meals.

Re: Muscle Spasms new
      #11074 - 06/08/03 01:24 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi Angela,

My naturopath told me that twitching is often caused by stress (on the mind or body). My guess is that because your IBS is really flaring at the moment it is causing stress on your body in general. Try to de-stres and get as much relaxation as you can.

Kerrie

P.S Good luck for the 24th (that's my birthday!)

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

passing out new
      #11125 - 06/09/03 06:26 AM
Gretchen

Reged: 05/30/03
Loc: Muncy, PA, USA

Whenever I get BAD diarrhea (several trips to the bathroom in a short time) I get very weak, light headed, and sometimes pass out. It usually only happens when I have a flu, but I have had it happen during an IBS attack. In me, it's definately not due to pain, it's due to the D. Maybe that's what happened to you?

Gretchen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5615 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review