All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I am so frustrated!!
      #109936 - 10/03/04 08:08 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am so sick of this!! I can't even put it into words! Yesterday was not that bad just a little discomfort. Today PAIN. I don't understand. I feel like this taking over my life. I never know when I am going to feel better or worse. I don't know if this pain is gas or spasams or something else. I am sick of it. I am tired of feeling sick. I am tired of hurting. I am sick of hearing myself complain. I am sure you are to. I just don't know what to do. I realy thought that the combo of probiotics and fenel plus diet and zolft was starting to work. I had those two realy great days after starting probitic and fennel. I took two donnatol about an hour ago and no change. I just want to quit, but you can't even do that because you HAVE to live with your body. I want to scream it isn't fair, enough already. I just don't know what to even do anymore. I try not to caomplain to my friends and family so sorry I do it here. How am I supposed to live like this?

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am so frustrated!! new
      #109942 - 10/03/04 08:32 AM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I am sorry you are feeling bad. I think we all have your same feelings some of the time. When I first started the IBS diet, it seemed like it wasn't working and my anti spasmadic was giving me other side effects, and i was so angry most days because it just wasn't fair that my life had to be 10 times harder than other people's, because we have to deal with this "problem" every single day of our lives while other people just eat whatever and go on with their days.

Anyway, I still have a few bad days. But trust me, just have faith and it will get better. I now don't take any prescription drugs, just fiber with probiotics and digestive enzymes and vitamins. Every once in a while I still need an immodium, but I am off of the anti-spasmadics and the anxiety pills.

You can complain to us all you want, that is what we are here for. But just don't give up, you will start feeling better, i promise, just hang in there.

#109943 - 10/03/04 08:41 AM
Cynthia Anne

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Henderson, Nevada, USA (Las Vegas)

Hi Heather,
I am new to this site, but I have a suggestion for you that you may want to look into.. I am not an example- I am suffering like you, but have just started ... my husband though, who had IBS worse than I, has done rremarkably well with probiotics made by Garden of Life and called "Primal Defense" He has been taking them a little over a year and if he doesn't take his 4 per day in the am, he has diarrhea all evening. I tried them for a couple weeks last summer and ended up really sick- throwing up and diarrhea (I was also trying Aktins diet then and don't think it was the probiotics that made me sick, but I can't stomach them anymore. I don't do well with ANY vitamins- couldn'e even take prenatals during my pregnancies)..
Anyway, check into those "Primal Defense" by NAtures Way.

Also, we use NULEV pills instead of Donnatol (Donnatol worsens my migraines) and they might work for you? Ask your DR? They are a prescription and my sister, who is a nurse practioner, (am IBS sufferer) originally recommended them.
Just a thought.. Hang in there! I know what it is like to deal with daily pain ( I have daily migraines, fibromyalgia, thoracic outlet syndrome, and a back problem with the IBS)
Hope this may help and I hope you feel better soon!
Cynthia

#109963 - 10/03/04 11:20 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I am sorry to hear this, *HUG* I am having a bad time right now too, but amazingly its still not the worst I've been by far.. and I am really impressed with how bearable its been. It will get better, but cutting that dairy out was the big help that made a huge difference...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#109979 - 10/03/04 12:26 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, sweetie, vent all you want, it's what we're here for!

I know you're frustrated. This dang disease is a pain in the, um, neck. And getting it under control is definitely a case of two steps forward, one step back. There will always be setbacks because there is no cure and because nobody's perfect. Our bodies have a mind of their own sometimes.

The only way I can manage dealing with things like this is that good old saying, "One Day at a Time." I can deal with something for 12 hours that would drive me to despair if I thought it was going to last forever. So just focus on getting through today. Don't compare it to yesterday or assume that tomorrow will be the same.

It's a matter of acceptance. Until we accept that this is just the way things are for us, we get too discouraged and frustrated. Now I wake up every morning and take inventory to see what hurts what doesn't and what I need to do to deal with it. I can do that one day at a time. I have good days and bad days. So I always have Plan A and Plan B! Plan A is what I want to do if I feel good, but if I don't, then I just switch to Plan B and do something that requires less effort but is still fun or productive or interesting.

So of course it's not fair. It's not fair that we have this dang disease. And of course we're allowed to complain and vent and have just as many pity parties for ourselves and we want and need! And if we don't give up and keep following Heather's diet and suggestions, eventually we get stable and before we know it we have a week with no pain and then a month and then six months and then a year, with occasional setbacks but fewer and fewer. It does happen, Heather, and we're here to help.

{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#109981 - 10/03/04 12:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

We are NOT sick of hearing from you...good or bad! And I know how you feel...I've felt this way since I was 5 years old!

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!

Do you use a heating pad...it's my best friend (other than hubby...he gives great hugs...often ebtter than heat therapy) Do you drink a lot of tea? Do you take something for the pain? Are youe ating righ? Are you getting enough sleep/drinking enough water? SFS? Exercise? (When I'm gassy and i do yoga I get it all out...if I sit still it gets worse by the minute...it hurts to move but it hurts even more NOT to have the gas move if you know what I mean).

I hope you feel better RIGHT WAWY! *hugs*

Keep posting and NEVER feel like you're a burden or we don't want to hear from you...we ALL experience what you're going through!

Love ya!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#109988 - 10/03/04 12:44 PM
heather7476

Thanks so much for the support. I am trying real hard to stay up beat. Just when I woke up the this morning and had pain I thought God not again WHY!! I am just having a bad day.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

#109989 - 10/03/04 12:47 PM
heather7476

Thanks fo rthe support and suggestions. I am thinking I may go back to the HFS and look and see what other Probiotics they have. I will ask my doctor about the Nulev.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Amie new
      #109990 - 10/03/04 12:49 PM
heather7476

Thanks Amie
I am done with Dairy. I hope you feel better soon. FYI your picture isn't there any more!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: You will feel better. You will feel better. You will feel better. new
      #109992 - 10/03/04 12:52 PM
Lefty1

I am sending positive vibes your way. It is a set back and it will end and you will feel better.

I am so sorry that your having a bad time - I know it's been a few days -
remember to inhale slowly and deeply. Feel the strength of this group pulling for you to feel better!

Lefty

Re: Laurs Sue (kind a long) new
      #109994 - 10/03/04 01:04 PM
heather7476

Thanks so much!! I am just having a hard time right now. I know I need to start dealing with this one day at a time but it is hard. I just keep thinking about the future and how much I don't want it to be like this. I want to be happy again I just want that so bad. I keep bursting into tears today. I hate this person I have become. I want me back. I need me back. My family needs me back. Those two days were like heaven and now it seems like this is even harder for me deal with after them. It was so nice to joke and play and have fun again. I have been like this since July and my doctor kept telling me it was a pretty easy thing to control but I am not finding easy at all. I just want to beg someone to give me life back, but who do you beg!!

I am so happy for all the people who are doing so well. Like you and Shell. I am just scared I will never reach that point. I am sorry I am rambling but I got my hopes up WAY to high with those couple days, and now I have to start rebuilding my defenses.

Thank You so much Laura Sue. I am sorry for dumping this all on you. I just don't have anyone. I realy miss my mom. Even when I call her she is ussaly to busy to talk. She has two little kids now. I know my hubby is sick of hearing it. He would never say that but he gets this look on his face when ever I bring it up. So I have been trying to act realy up beat and happy when he is around. I am just realy sad and lonley right now.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Ruchie new
      #109995 - 10/03/04 01:08 PM
heather7476

Thanks hon. You are going through so much youe self right now. I realy hope you start feeling better soon. *hugs* I love my heating pad. I am drinking my water and my tea. I am eating good to. Sleep is a problem right now. My DD is ahving a rough time at night. I don't know why but she is waking up two three times a night. Thanks so much for all your support and love. It helps alot it realy does.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: You will feel better. You will feel better. You will feel better. new
      #109996 - 10/03/04 01:10 PM
heather7476

Thanks Hon. I think I need to find a witch doctor and have them take off the curse someone put on me!
Thanks for caring and understanding!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#110000 - 10/03/04 01:14 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

It will get better, but cutting that dairy out was the big help that made a huge difference...

Heather, I agree with what Amie said above, you will have to cut out dairy too if you want proper results. I did and it has worked for me. I am in control of my pain and its not really that hard to do as when I am tempted by stuff I just think of the pain that it will cause and the temptation goes right away. Honest, I don't even really crave chocolate anymore and I was at least one bar a day person in August.

You can do it! Hope you are feeling a little better, Hugs,
Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1987 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review