Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about my fat belly
      #109895 - 10/02/04 08:51 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi ya'll

I have a question.. my stomach is so fat.

I can't tell if i'm just fatter now.. or it i'm perma bloated for the past month or two..

I may have gained weight.. but how can you tell if its weight or bloat. Can acacia cause you mega bloat, and should I try something else instead.. or is it probably just fat.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about my fat belly new
      #109922 - 10/03/04 06:19 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

I'd be willing to bet it's just bloating.

Even though I've been feeling pretty good since starting the diet, bloating still bothered me until just recently. I tried Fennel tea and although it works for many others, it didn't make any difference for me. So, I began taking digestive enzymes, starting with Beano, which has only 1 type of enzyme, and that helped. I then changed to Omnigest EZ which has 7 types of enzymes and that helped even more. You take one pill with breakfast, lunch and dinner. I also take Heather's Peppermint Caps and its really remarkable what a difference they make!

If you feel good taking Acacia it seems like you should stay with it unless you feel uncomfortable. If it is what's making you bloat and not something you are eating, you could try adjusting the amount you take.

I started with Citrucel, which worked fine for me, but a few weeks ago I switched to Benefiber. Benefiber made me feel awful and I switched back to Citrucel after only a week.

Hope this helps & hope you have a great day!

Kim

Edited by Kimmy (10/03/04 06:29 AM)

#109929 - 10/03/04 07:09 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks for your reply...

I have peppermint caps, but I've just kinda forgotten to take them lately. Maybe i'll try them and see if they have an effect./

As the for acacia, I do take alot, two tbsps a day and I'm still having D more often than not, so if anything I need to try to take more. I went up really slowly and none of the lower doses helped any better, so people advised that I keep on moving up.

Are you D or C? And does beano help alot with just gas or bloating cause i'm gassy alot lately too.

--------------------

#109931 - 10/03/04 07:16 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

About the Acacia and 'd'. I was taking 1 tablespoon twice a day. I started running low on it so I reduced it to once a day and my 'd' went away. Could it be that you're taking a bit too much, instead of not enough? Just a thought!

#109957 - 10/03/04 10:20 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hmm thanks for the suggestion.. do you think I should just stop it and try more.. or reduce it. HOw much should I reduce it by?

--------------------

A somewhat related question. new
      #109962 - 10/03/04 11:08 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

In the past few days, no matter what I eat I get a really full feeling that stays with me for hours. Even half a bagel makes me feel this way. I'm sure its just gas/bloating but it's really painful. Is there anything I can take, either before I eat or after I start feeling icky that can reduce the bloating and pain? I've been taking gas-x after meals, it helps a little, but I was wondering if there was anything else that might work better.

Meg

#109982 - 10/03/04 12:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Ashley, it's probably just bloat. Heather suggests fennel tea and the yoga poses for gas and bloating. And the peppermint tea or caps. Also Gas-X or Phazyme. And stay away from Heather's list of gas-producing foods.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1176

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review