All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
It realy is a juggling act isn't it
      #109514 - 10/01/04 09:14 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well pain is back. I am also running to the bathroom like I have to NOW, but nothings happing. I am so gratefull for the two days had though. I know what is doing it to. One - I forgot to drink my fennel tea last night, Two - I had a majior stress attack last night at midnight, Three - only got four hours of sleep. So here I am in pain again . Oh well one day at a time right. I just keep telling myself that. It was so nice the past two days, how am I supposed to control this when everytime I have stress my tummy freaks out? UUGGG I am feeling like Sybil again. I get real frustrated and pissed then I am like it is going to be ok everything will be ok. Someone just smack me please!!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It realy is a juggling act isn't it new
      #109516 - 10/01/04 09:22 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

SMACK! there you go you asked for it!

Heather, you were doing so well. You need to sort out your stepmom so that that stops stressing you and then you can go back to painfree living!

Its all about stress management, and when I figure that out better myself I will share my secrets with you!

Mind yourself,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#109517 - 10/01/04 09:25 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hi Heather,
I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. The same thing happens to me on occasion. Lack of sleep can mess up your digestion and stress as we all know can too. If you can go to sleep very early tonight, I would try that, that might help along with a cup of Fennel tea.

Do you take Immodium? I find this helps me on stressful days or days that I have lack of sleep. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#109518 - 10/01/04 09:30 AM
heather7476

I know I know I need to calm down!! My real mom would love to smack me right now for stressing about my step mom. My dad and step mom are always forgetting mine and my husbands B-Day. Mine's even on a dam holiday. She told me to forget about and move on. If there mad so what how much is that realy going to effect my life. I LOVE my MOM!! I am staring to relax a little. I am going to take a long nap when my DD does today maybe that will help!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

#109519 - 10/01/04 09:34 AM
heather7476

Thanks
I can't take Immodium. It sends me into C every time no matter how little I take. I am going to try and rest as much as possabile today. Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: I need Support PLEASE!!! new
      #109644 - 10/01/04 01:50 PM
heather7476

Ok I don't get it. I took a long nap and woke up in more pain than before. I drank a cup of fennel tea and took a peperment cap before I laid down. I feel like my whole upper belly is just going to split open. I HAVE to go to the grocery store in a few minutes. I am out of about everything. I would wait for hubby to come home but it would be to late. I am so frustrated again. I need some support. I am sorry I keep leaning on you guys. I also feel Like an A** for posting how good I felt yesterday. I should have know it was to soon.

--------------------
Heather7476

#109646 - 10/01/04 01:58 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling good. What a pain that you do good for two days and then this. Why can't our tummies just be normal. Thats ok that you have to lean on us that is what we are here for. You are always there for me and anyone else who writes in so we should be here for you. Just hang in there things will get better. Are you taking any antidepressants or anti-spasmatics (sp)? Maybe those would help but just keep drinking the fennel tea and are you taking an immodium? That might help as well.
I do hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Michelle

#109649 - 10/01/04 02:08 PM
heather7476

Thank you so much. Yes I am taking 100mg Zoloft. I just got a script for Donnatol an anti spas med, but it says may cause drozziness and dizziness. I have to go shopping. I almost always go shopping in the morning but was hoping after my nap I would feel better. I so don't want to go now.
It is already 5:00 and I haven't even gotten ready!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Were you able to get up and go to the store? new
      #109651 - 10/01/04 02:13 PM
Lefty1

I hope so and I hope that helped on two levels. Distraction and feeling good about getting food into the house.

I am so sorry - TGIF! Keep moving! Keep your head up and find things to do to help let things go...

#109652 - 10/01/04 02:13 PM
Mitch

My doctor had me on that Donnatal and I really didn't like it because with me it caused really dry mouth but I don't remember it making me drowsey but then I think I only took it for a week or so but it did work. I take one that is called Robinul Forte and it really works. But it also causes dry mouth but not as bad as the Donnatal. I hope it works for you. If possible could you wait until tomorrow to go shopping that way you can stay home and rest for the rest of the day (what is left of it) Have you also tried counseling? I have started to do that and I think its going to help.

--------------------
Michelle

#109657 - 10/01/04 02:28 PM
heather7476

Can I just say how much I love my husaband!! He just called and I told him how bad I was feeling. He was upset to because I think he felt like he had his wife back for two days and now IBS wife is back . Anyway he said screw the grocery store and stay home. He said he would stop on his way home and pick up dinner and milk for tommrow morning. Thank God. I just don't have the energy to deal with the pain and the grocery store right now. Not to mention a three year old in the grocery store. I have no idea what to have him pick me up for dinner. I can't eat any of that stuff. UUUGGGG Thanks for listening!!! I am going to talk to my doctor in two weeks when I see her about going to see a counsler. My mom thinks I need to deal with alot from my past,and she said it could only help the IBS so I will look into it. Plus a few of the other girls on the boards have been talking about it and I feel better about going.
Thanks So Much

--------------------
Heather7476

#109670 - 10/01/04 03:25 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I've had three people from the board do well with the Reliv stuff if you'd like to try just one product first.
Feel better....
Karen =)

Re: Were you able to get up and go to the store? new
      #109675 - 10/01/04 03:49 PM
heather7476

Thanks. I didn't make it to the store. I will go tommrow. No matter what. Grocery store on a saturday OH LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

IBS A is wonderful isn't it?! new
      #109707 - 10/01/04 07:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think A is the worst! It sure is unfair. Hang in there!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Heather and Immodium new
      #109738 - 10/02/04 05:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Heather, you said Immodium sends you into C however little you take, right? Is that just one tablet? Because you can get Loperamide (the actual drug) in liquid form so that you can take REALLY tiny amounts. I only know because my GI told me he'd put me on that if neccessary, but it turned out that one tablet only made me slightly C, which at the time, I liked.

But you guys are right. IBS-A sucks. SFSs! They're a lifesaver.

Re: Linz new
      #109743 - 10/02/04 05:43 AM
heather7476

Thanks
Can you get the liqued over the counter or do you need an rx??If I take one tablet I won't go for days!! So far today no pain. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!! Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

#109809 - 10/02/04 01:03 PM
Mitch

I am glad to hear that your husband volunteered to go to the store that way you could stay home. I totally agree that a counslor would help. I have just started seeing one and I already feel like its helping a little. I have only gone three times but it has opened my eyes. So good luck with that and I hope you are feeling better today. Take Care.

--------------------
Michelle

Heather new
      #109814 - 10/02/04 01:07 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm pretty sure it's just on rx, annoyingly. But just ask your doc. My GI doc obviously prescribed it for a lot of his IBS-A patients.

#109862 - 10/02/04 05:34 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

YAY for hubby!! See, things have a way of working out, sweetie! Feel better. {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1012 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review