All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Fried Foods
      #109031 - 09/29/04 11:46 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I know everyone says to stay away from fried foods, but I find that as long as something is not skillet or deep fried, I can handel it. I can even eat french fries from fast food places. I think it might be because from when I was very little I ate fried foods, and I think maybe my body can handel it because of this. I noticed that all the foods I never ate as a child I can not eat now such as veggies. Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone else tollerate fried foods very well. I don't eat them all the time, but once a week or twice a week at most I do.

I am talking about french fries, fried shrimp, fried rice, fried fish (all from resturants), fried chicken- althought I am talking about home made fried chicken, the chicken can't be from fast food places or resturants, I only have grilled foods from these places). Any ideas why? Or should I just consider this a good thing and not question it.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Consider this a good thing and don't question it! ;) new
      #109039 - 09/29/04 12:21 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

A lot of people have different triggers than normal IBSers, and it sounds like your fried food issue is one of those lucky exceptions.

However, if you start having a lot of attacks, bloating, or gas - you might want to reevaluate the fried food. Sometimes it may not hurt you one day, and hurt you another.

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Consider this a good thing and don't question it! ;) new
      #109040 - 09/29/04 12:25 PM
Sweetd

So, far so good, no problems yet. But you are right, I will bare this in mind and I certainly work push it either, by going over board. Thanks for your help!

--------------------

Re: Fried Foods new
      #109056 - 09/29/04 01:14 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I can handle some fried foods, too. I eat the breaded chicken sandwich from Sonic at least once a week and have had no effects......it's not greasy, though. I also can eat KFC chicken strips with no problem. I notice, though, if I overdo or overeat I don't feel so good. I am going to continue to eat these things and if I start feeling bad I will go to all baked or grilled foods.

Everyone has a different tolerance to foods and I guess we just lucked out!

Barbie

--------------------

barbie new
      #109060 - 09/29/04 01:30 PM
Sweetd

We really did luck out! I love fried foods. I will continue eating them too, but I will switch like you, if they do start to bother me. Lets hope that never happens. Thanks!

--------------------

Re: Fried Foods new
      #109065 - 09/29/04 01:48 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Dana, my New York sister!!

While it's fortunate that fried foods don't bother you (yet), it's not good for your overall health or your IBS if you're getting too many calories from them to the exclusion of healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.

I noticed you said you can't eat veggies. It's quite possible that if you cut back on the fried foods, your tummy would tolerate veggies better (in IBS safe form of course). That would not only be good for your general health, but would also be good for your IBS.

So whaddaya say? Willing to give it a try?? Just for me??? Please????

And how about that rain yesterday, huh?? Gave me a MONSTER migraine! Did you get hit as bad on Long Island as we did in the city? I've never seen it that bad!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue new
      #109071 - 09/29/04 02:00 PM
Sweetd

Hi LauraSue, how are you? Nassau County, as well as Suffolk County got hit really bad with the rain yesterday too! That is the most I have seen in a long time. My fiance and I were supposed to go to a Yankee's game. I am so glad we didn't take the chance and go any way and see if the game would still be going on, that wouldn't have been fun! My head was killing me also, there was so much mold out yetserday! I couldn't wait to get home and relax.

I don't eat it very often, but I do love fried foods though. You really think if I cut back on the fried foods I could tollerate veggies? It's worth a shot! Thanks for your advice!

--------------------

Re: LauraSue new
      #109086 - 09/29/04 03:31 PM
Amy1973

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: Mesa,AZ

I tried Panda Express Orange Chicken the other day for lunch and no trigger.

#109091 - 09/29/04 03:41 PM
LauraSue

You're welcome! Just make sure to follow Heather's guidelines for IBS safe veggie eating, like chop small, cook well, puree or mush up! One of her veggie breads or a vegetable soup would be a good way to start first.

Yes, good thing you didn't go to the game! Smart move.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#109114 - 09/29/04 04:55 PM
Sweetd

Well, I have been eating carrots and I have been doing fine with them. I have also been drinking V8 and that seems to be working too. I just have to eat veggies and fruits safely and more often than once every two days. I use to eat a apple a day. I finally added apples back in, but now I know to peal the skin. I am so happy that I can eat apples again! I love apples! I am on my way! Slowly, but surely! Thanks LauraSue.

--------------------

Me too! new
      #109174 - 09/30/04 02:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aren't we lucky? As long as I don't push it, I'm fine with way higher fat foods than most IBSers can tolerate. I've found McDonalds fries are too much though - they're too thin fries for the amount of fat.

#109281 - 09/30/04 12:25 PM
LauraSue

Good for you, Dana!! Let's hear it for carrots, V8 and peeled apples!! Now how about a fruit smoothie?? Banana and apple? Or banana and pineapple? Frozen strawberries are also great in a smoothie. So get that blender out, blow the dust off it and start it up!!

(PS. My sinuses are killing me today, how about you?)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 916

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review