All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I have finally had enough
      #108417 - 09/26/04 12:45 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Ok, so I have finally decided that I have had enough and am over my rebellious streak. Laying in bed again last night with horrible stomach cramps and just aches it came to me that I can no longer do this to myself. I am tired of feeling bad because I am not eating the right foods. This time last year I found Heather's diet and I followed it to the letter. I have never felt so good. Starting today I am back on the diet strictly and will only eat foods that my body can tolerate. I am no longer going to eat food that makes me feel sick. I don't know what was wrong with me but it was like I was tired of being different and I was eating whatever I wanted even though I knew it would make me feel bad. I am over all of that now as of today. I want to feel good again.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yeah Janey! new
      #108418 - 09/26/04 01:02 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You can do it. I'm so glad to hear you're ready to do what it takes to feel better... we all hate seeing you feeling rotten!

I was actually just saying something to this effect to Adam today. He made a comment about how I'm doing so much better, and that soon I'd be able to "eat like a normal person again". That's when I realized that NO, I can't... that's ALWAYS what's gotten me right back to the point I was at a couple months ago, in the past. No more. We found what works and we gotta stick to it!

Good luck - I'm rooting for you!

Re: I have finally had enough new
      #108420 - 09/26/04 01:52 AM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Way to go, Janey! I'm not glad you were feeling so terrible, but I am very glad you've decided to make a change and follow Heather's diet. I've just found this recently myself, and am trying to eat like a good girl, which is difficult after five years of being a college student and eating like one. Good luck to you on following the diet and feeling better, and I'm impressed with your resolve!

#108421 - 09/26/04 03:54 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

WAy to go!

I have felt so much better on this diet I cna't see going off it again for anything!

keep up the good work!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: You go ! new
      #108431 - 09/26/04 06:50 AM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have been SEMI following the diet and last week I gave up my favorite margarine, which is hi fat and has some dairy in it, and replaced it with butter flavored oil spray (I eat LOTS of toast). I also gave up ice cold glasses of Perrier. I have been doing really well despite a stressful week at work. Is it my diet changes or just luck? Don't know but it's working!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#108459 - 09/26/04 01:01 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good for you, Janey! Welcome back "on the wagon", sweetie pie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#108462 - 09/26/04 01:18 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Good for you Janey. I wish we could all eat what we want. i truley wish there was better meds out there that would allow us to. I wish you the best and keep us informed on how you do.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Yeah Janey! Me too! new
      #108638 - 09/27/04 01:18 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Good for you, I have been exactly where you are, I've been really rebelling and my poor tummy is saying no more!

Hubby is going food shopping tomorrow night and I've written a great list of all the healthy things I can have!!!

We can do this!
Niki
xxx

#108660 - 09/27/04 03:43 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Good news!!!! Keep it up.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Day 3 new
      #108725 - 09/28/04 01:01 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Thank you all for your support. I knew you would understand like no one else does. I am going into my third day of eating right and I am already starting to feel better.

Since I have followed Heather's diet in the past and it worked for me I know that I will feel much better if only I eat right. Maybe this will be it for me and eating all the wrong things. I sure hope so. There are times when it is difficult because I am a big snacker and junk food eater. I love sweets, chips, popcorn and soda. I eat healthy meals but like to snack on junk in between. I am working very hard to break these habits once again. I have to reach for the banana instead of chocolate. Boy is that hard to do.

Again, Thanks for your support.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1071 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review