Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
going off the pill....nervous!!!
      #108374 - 09/25/04 12:57 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey ladies
I have decided to go off the contraceptive pill that I have been taking for five years. I got IBS long before I started it...but my IBS got much worse a few months ago following a bug so as it slowly heals I want to do everything I can to help it along. And to be honest I have no memory of what my body was like without the pill...so who knows...maybe my IBS WILL improve!! My sex drive also isn't what it was, and get lots of infections down there...so want to try and help my body.
Now...can I expect any physical symptoms of coming off the pill? Am I going to get more nausea, d, or anything with the hormone changes....what did you experience??
Please answer this because I am feeling a bit nervous about it...
Thank you XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going off the pill....nervous!!! new
      #108381 - 09/25/04 01:50 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi there!

I'm not sure about side-effects, 'cause I take mine because my cycle is only 14 days long otherwise. I haven't heard anything like that, but maybe you can call your pharmacist or doc to find out what is normal and what is possible?

Good luck and I hope your IBS does improve!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#108397 - 09/25/04 04:58 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I actually felt better and my cycle was longer. I was only on it for 6 months after my last daughter was born. I was on it for a year 3 years before then. I went off to get pregnant and I got pregnant that month, so my experience that time wouldn't help you and I didn't have IBS then.

It takes about 3 months for your system to regulate so don't be suprised if your cycle is longer or shorter. I was never nausous from going off it and I don't think my d was any worse, maybe better. I just felt normal after going off it.

#108409 - 09/25/04 08:50 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

does it cause you to have irregular cycles though.. I've been thinking about going off too..

--------------------

#108579 - 09/27/04 09:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I went off the pill back in January after being on it for 18 years!!! I was terrified! But, I must say, everything was fine! My cycles are running pretty much text book at 28-30 days long and my periods haven't been any worse! I was really expecting to have a very heavy period or something when just coming off the pill but nope, business as usual!

I haven't noticed any change in my IBS one way or the other! good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#108626 - 09/27/04 12:21 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

My cycles off the pill are so regular you could set your calendar, 28 days on the dot! But I now get wicked PMS.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#108738 - 09/28/04 06:10 AM
RosePetals

Reged: 09/28/04

I don't think it will cause you to have irregular cycles, unless you had them before you went on the pill.

#108760 - 09/28/04 07:39 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

The only reason it did for me was because it was after having a baby. Cycles after having a baby are different and probable had nothing to do with the pill. You can't always count on them to be the same. I've never had a period the first time I went off. I got pregnant that month.

#109098 - 09/29/04 03:54 PM
valentine

Reged: 06/10/04

Funny, you should bring this up now cos I came off the pill nearly two months ago. I feel I have had quite a few side effects. The good news is my constipation has really improved. Better than I can remember. Bad news is I feel hungry all the time and either want sweet sweet sweet or salty salty things. I feel that my diet has deteriorated but I'm hoping this will pass. The other bad news is that my hair is shedding like crazy. Apparently that can be a hormonal thing and hopefully should stop in a month or so. Doctor says because I went straight on the pill after my twins, my hair never got a chance to shed after the birth (which it should do)!!!

Despite the bad things, I don't regret coming off at all. I like the thought that I am letting my body act naturally and hopefully everything else will settle down.

Good luck.

valentine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1007 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review