All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: help anyone? new
      #10950 - 06/06/03 09:59 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Welcome to the board. I, too, have IBS-D as do many others here. I have always had a "nervous stomach", but was actually diagnosed with IBS when I was around 27 years old. I am now 35. I have been married for 5 years and have been with my husband for the past 9 years. I, too, thought I'd never find anyone who would love an extremely shy, nervous, sensitive, basket case who was always in the bathroom. But, you know what I found someone and so will you. I basically just quit looking so hard for someone and "boom" all of a sudden we found each other.

As far as your diet and well-being.....try to reduce stress as much as possible. I know how hard that can be because I have been going through a tremendous amount of stress lately and have let things get to me as you might have read. Yoga helps as well as any hobby, music, etc. that you enjoy. Walking helps me tremendously even if it is just a quick 15 minutes on my lunch break. I try to eat a well balanced diet watching fat intake and "rich" foods. It's different for everyone and you will find out through trial and error what your system can tolerate. Mine can tolerate somethings one day but not the next. So I kind of go day to day on what I can or cannot eat. I carry Imodium chewables with me whereever I go. Kind of like American Express...I don't leave home without it. Ha! Don't over do it on Imodium though or your system will be plugged up for a few days....which for us with IBS-D isn't such a bad thing. Drink lots of water. I keep a 32 oz bottle of water with me at work and drink it during the day and then drink more when I get home. Don't chug it....sip on it through the day. Mint tea works wonders to calm your system. Keep something in your tummy....don't get hunger pains. Eat small snacks through out the day with a sensible breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will learn what works for you.

This board helps tremendously, too. The information and ideas that you will get here is very valuable. Just being able to talk with those who are going through the same thing helps. We are all here for you on your good days and your bad. We've all been there.

Keep in touch.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review