All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I am in big trouble and realy upset
      #107749 - 09/23/04 04:13 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

My daughter's field trip is today. We are going to an apple orchard, and taking a hay ride. i have been looking forward to this so much. I can't go. I am trying to find someone else to take her. It is 7:00am here and I have had to RUN for the bathroom 3 times already. I have no warning or much time to make it. It is all water I can't be trapped on a hayride if you know what I mean. I know this is from the Antibiotics and I think taking a anti D med would just give me a bad tummy ache from not leting it out.

I ruining her life guys. I am her mommy. We were supposed to be doing all these wonderfull things together and now they keep getting messed up. I don't know what to do. I Love her so much and I want so much for her and this isn't it. I don't want her to grow up and think of me as her sick mommy. She dosen't deserve this.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am in big trouble and realy upset new
      #107756 - 09/23/04 05:14 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh my gosh!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. Please.

You're not a bad mom at all. You just happen to have this annoying thing called IBS that strikes at often the worst possible times. I'm sure she knows how much you love her!

I hope today works out. Good luck.

#107760 - 09/23/04 05:25 AM
heather7476

Thanks Sara
I can't find anyone else to take her. My husband can't come home from work. If I don't have any more trips to the BR I will take her. I am hoping I can talk to one of the other moms and maybe she can take kenna on the hayride and I will just wait for them. I hope to god this place has a bathroom. Or I am in big trouble. It is a 45 min drive so I am going to leave a little early so if I have to stop I won't be late. Between being sick and IBS this feild trip is going to suck for me, but I am hoping she will still have fun.

--------------------
Heather7476

#107762 - 09/23/04 05:42 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope she has a good day, but you have walking pneumonia for goodness sake... she has to understand that at times people get sick... could you go to the school and see if one of the other parents will tkae her to prevent their kids getting exposed????

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#107766 - 09/23/04 06:03 AM
heather7476

We are all meeting at the apple orachard. If she were older I think she would understand but being only three she thinks I am just being mean. I am going to do what I can and thats all I can do. So far no more BR trips so I think we may go. I am just not going to eat anything till we get home.

--------------------
Heather7476

#107776 - 09/23/04 06:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

good plana dn good luck... or eat something that typically constipates you! I've been known to do that to even out.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Heather don't be so hard on yourself ! new
      #107825 - 09/23/04 08:38 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I remember those days, sometimes we just get sick and hard as it is, we just can't go. There will be another chance to make up for it, your little girl loves you and children are very forgiving. Take care honey and hope you feel better soon !

#107833 - 09/23/04 08:54 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It sucks how IBS tends to pop up at all the wrong times. I always notice that when I have nothing planned my stomach is okay and then as soon as something important comes up...I get pain.

Try and hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself...I bet you're a wonderful mother and your daughter knows that (even if she's just little)...*HUGS*

#107835 - 09/23/04 08:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh Heather you are not a bad mommy... this is out of your control.... I've read that you can't find anyone else but also no more BR trips, so that is a good sign...maybe you got it all out already. Good idea to leave early in case you need to stop....

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!

{{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#107886 - 09/23/04 11:17 AM
Judithg

Reged: 07/14/03
Loc: California

I am so sorry this happened to you! I know how bad you must feel. I often feel like the worst wife in the world because I have to call things off due to my problems.

Anyway, I was wondering if Immodium helps you at all. I don't like to take it often because I figure whatever's in there needs to get out. But on days when I have important plans, it is sometimes a lifesaver. I know it doesn't work for everyone though.

I hope you got to go on the hayride and enjoy the time with your daughter.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2033 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2721

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review