All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am so frustrated!!!!!
      #106939 - 09/20/04 06:54 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I took two bentyl last night. The pain went away for about an hour and half. Then came right back. I was so nauses I could hardley stand it. The pain is still there today. I don't want to take any more Bentyl because I don't want to get nauses again. UUUGGGG I could just scream. I was realy hoping this med was going to help alot.

My cold has now moved into my chest and I am coughing like crazy. My daughter didn't fall asleep till 1:30am and then was back up at 7:00am. What the heck is up with that. She kept getting out of bed last night and coming into our room and wanting to talk.

I have mentaly been feeling better but still have bad days. I sometimes feel like "ok everyting is going to be fine your going to be fine" then I feel like "my life is over it is never going to get better, I am ruining everyones life"
I mean within minutes I go through these feelings. I can't stand this guys. I am sorry I am whineing. Majior poor pitfull me day.

I don't get attacks like some of you do. I have read where some you of sweat and shake and have pain while in the bathroom. I don't do that. I just have pain sometimes all day sometimes off and on. I go back and forth between C and D. D has been my normal Bm since I had my gallbladder out but it was only once or twice a day now it is four or more on a bad day. I could live with all the other problems from this darn thing except the pain. Ok I am just venting and rambling now.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am so frustrated!!!!! new
      #106940 - 09/20/04 07:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Sorry you're having a hard time. Be careful with the cold meds - so many of them have sweeteners or caffeine in them. I know I can no longer what I used to for colds.

I guess your daughter can't sleep cos she's ill, huh? Poor both of you!

When the cold's over, maybe you should talk to your doctor about getting something for anxiety? But you're not the only one like that - you should see how fast my Mum's moods change! Shopping for her Mother of the Bride outfit was a nightmare cos as soon as she really liked something, she switch and start saying, "no I shouldn't wear this"! I think lots of people are slightly bipolar really.

Have you tried daily Immodium to prevent the D? Have you tried Heather's peppermint caps for the pain? Or regular codeine painkillers? Remember a lot of meds will cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach - not the easiest thing mid-attack, I know, but it's worth bearing in mind.

How much SFS are you on?

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Re: Linz new
      #106943 - 09/20/04 07:12 AM
heather7476

Thanks Hon
I am taking 100mg Zoloft right but I am begning to think I made to need to switch to something else, but my husband and I realy need to decied if we going to keep trying to get pregnant first. I took the Bentyl on a full stomach last night because I took it on an empty on in the morning same result.

I am going to order Heather's Pep caps and SFS today. I am not taking a SFS right now. I have tried Benefiber, fibercon, fiberchoice. All made me have more pain. I hoping Heather's will help. I am going to start realy SLOW.

So far all I have taken for the cold is sudfed but I haven't taken anything in the past 24 hours except for Halls thoart drops. I am to affaried to take anything.
I don't know what to do anymore. Banging my head into a wall sounds good, but I don't htink it would help

--------------------
Heather7476

Paxil? new
      #106945 - 09/20/04 07:15 AM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

I'm taking Paxil and it's helped with that as a side effect. I am really taking it for anxiety associated with a car accident.

For the cold, have you tried Breathe Easy tea by Traditional Medicinals? It works for me better than cold meds and I don't feel doped up.

I just sent you an email-- talk later and let me know how you are.

K =)

Re: Paxil? new
      #106946 - 09/20/04 07:20 AM
heather7476

I just E mailed you back. I will have to see if I can find that tea.
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

herbal teas new
      #106972 - 09/20/04 10:18 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Heather,
I do not know if you have been drinking herbal teas, but they really do help for pain. I understand taht it may not help enough, but I was able to get through my last menstrual cycle with no pain killers, only chamomile tea for the pain (oh, and my librax). If your pain is associated with gas or bloating drinking fennel may help ya out, too. Also, when I have bad inside pain I will eat ginger slices (you can find them at your local HFS), and it helps ALOT.
Maybe you can ask your doctor for an upgrade to a different antispasmodic? I was on Bentyl, than it seemed to no longer do anything and my doc put me on librax (generic brand acutally- Clinidium)
I have no advice for the cold, I am lucky enough to not get them very often.
Good luck, and hope you are feeling better
-Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Paxil? new
      #106977 - 09/20/04 10:42 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Funny you should mention that Karen. I just got some Breathe Easy by Yogi Teas. I take their StomachEase and it really helps me. It has Fennel, Chamomile and Peppermint in it. Really good tea.

Small world after all!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Re: Linz new
      #107022 - 09/20/04 01:41 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

Banging my head into a wall sounds good, but I don't htink it would help

Heather, I've had days like that too! Feel better, hon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1132

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review