All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
COLONICS? Helpful?
      #106738 - 09/18/04 04:33 PM
Tanya83

Reged: 09/14/04

I am going to get a colonic for the first time soon - I was wondering if anyone on the board has experience with them? Did if relieve your symptoms? Help at all? Thank you for you time.

Edited by Tanya83 (09/18/04 04:33 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: COLONICS? Helpful? new
      #106806 - 09/19/04 08:54 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Tanya, I have a great GI. Comparing him to the other QUACKS (from people who have had terrible experiences on this board) who refer to themselves as Doctors, he is one of the best.

I asked him this question, he will not write a script to his patients. One reason is, once you start them, you have to keep going on a regular basis, they are expen$ive ! In Texas,(by law) you have to have a Dr. prescription, because of the racket this has turned in to.

I know a woman who used to do Colonics, she has spent HUGE AMOUNTS of $$$, only to end up on Heathers diet! She called and asked what I am doing for my IBS and she bought the book that day. She is very upset about the money she was hooked into spending. Now it is gone and she is feeling better only because of the diet.

Hope this helps. gayla

Re: COLONICS? Helpful? new
      #106836 - 09/19/04 12:44 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Heather herself also does NOT recommend them. Too invasive a procedure and too traumatic to our poor crampy little systems. I personally would never get one.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review