All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Finally went to the doc!
      #105954 - 09/15/04 04:50 AM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

I went to my family doctor and he gave me 2 kinds of medicine... Loperamide (immodium substitute) and Robinul Forte for abdominal pains. So far the robinul forte is working wonders. I can tell im not feeling well because i have D but im about to take an immodium for it BUT MY STOMACH ISNT HURTING!!!. Also, my back hurts really bad on my sick days. Anyone have a reason for that?

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Edited by pcgeek43505 (09/15/04 04:56 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Finally went to the doc! new
      #105955 - 09/15/04 05:02 AM
jharrison

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: N. Ireland

I am not sure what causes the back pain, I have it too but find a heat pack or cushion a great help. I would also take two paracetamol but not on an empty stomach, they real help.

#105963 - 09/15/04 05:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad to hear you got to the doctor. Are you taking Loperamide everday as a preventative? That's what I did and it really helped.

The back pain is usually just your guts hurting at the back!

#106024 - 09/15/04 11:25 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Hey There!
So glad you went to the doc. PLUS you are finding relief with what he prescribed for you. I personally think the Imodium is GREAT STUFF. I'm ibs-d and have my problems in the mornings within the 1st couple of hours of being up (my colon doesn't seem to want to wake up!!) and about a month ago I began taking 1 Imodium upon getting up and I think it really began to stabilize my system... I had to get off it after doing this for 2 weeks as I started to develop a rash. But I do think it is what helped my body get over the hump of trying to reach stability. So give the Imodium a good try and dont' be afraid to use it as a preventative. The rash I developed is very rare and I still haven't given up on using the Imodium again as a preventative...just may not use it as often...its' good stuff....
as far as back pain, I think it's pretty normal to have the back pain with alot of stomach cramping. The stuff that's in the front of us is definitely connected to the back of us.... I have scoliosis and my chiro. really things my stomach problems are due to my back... I think you may find that as you
begin to stabilize and have less pain/d, your back will begin to feel better as well.
God Speed!
Janene

#106152 - 09/16/04 04:00 AM
pcgeek43505

Reged: 01/12/04

Well i noticed when i didnt have any stomach pains that my back hurt really bad.... maybe im having the pains still, just cant feel them I am taking the loperamide (immodium substitute) on the days i feel worse... so far it has been every other day.

--------------------
"We just do what we do. This is the only way we know how to do it." -- David Draiman of DISTURBED

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review