All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eating and Exercise
      #105721 - 09/14/04 12:57 AM
LAGuy

Reged: 09/08/04
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I am new to IBS and still learning the ups and downs of it. I recently read where it said that exercise can cause IBS attacks, but it was not specific. Are there exercises that cause attacks? What's the limit or when should I not exercise? Does anyone know or from experience if Fat Burners like Zantrec 3 or Xenadrine EFX cause more attacks? If so, what would you recommend? I only use one capsule like 3 times a week. Any help is appreciated. I trying to lose 25 lbs, the safe way.

Thank you.

LA

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eating and Exercise new
      #105741 - 09/14/04 05:18 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I have not known exercise to cause attacks. Rather, they're more likely to prevent them. We have lots of endurance athletes on this board and they have never complained about exercise causing attacks. Exercise is excellent for overall health and helps immensely with digestion.
I don't know anything about the Zantrec of Xenadrine. I would check with your Doc. Good luck with your weight loss goals!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#105749 - 09/14/04 05:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If you've already been exercising regularly, you should be used to it enough that it won't trigger attacks. Heavy abdominal work still might, but again, if it's something you've been doing, it's not as likely.

I'm one of the unfortunates who gets attacks from exercise - even mild exercise, like yoga - but that's because I'm a couch potato, and anything that works my ab muscles is a terrible shock to the system. I still do manage to get out and walk, though. If you have "iffy" days, where you're not feeling so hot, maybe just plan on not doing your usual workout, if it's strenuous, just in case.

Can't help with the supplements... I second the idea to ask your doctor about them. Good luck!

#105757 - 09/14/04 07:08 AM
sugaface

Reged: 09/13/04
Loc: NY

Xenadrine can definatly cause attacks, and it will only worsen IBS I would stay away, any of those supplements for fat burning have a high caffeine content. I exercise regularly and you really shouldn't after eating, if you need to eat have a few crackers or something like that, nothing complicated. If i'm not feeling that great I usually try to find something with a low impact, the elliptical works well when i dont think i can handle running. As for lifting, thats never caused an attack for me, but can be uncomfortable and not very beneficial if you aren't feeling well

#105927 - 09/14/04 11:32 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

First off.......WELCOME!

I personally don't have any problems with exercise.... I just started myself going to the gym about 3 months ago or so and I've never felt better.... I owe all to my diet "new way of living" and exercise..... and the support I get here on the boards too!!

Good luck on your weight loss....

Shell

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review