All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pain in my left side
      #105699 - 09/13/04 08:00 PM
corie21

Reged: 09/13/04

i was reading some of the other posts, and i have heard a lot of people say they have pain in their right side, but i get pain in my left side. it never goes away, but sometimes it is worse than others. is this normal for ibs or not? im just learning about it now, so this is all new to me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pain in my left side new
      #105714 - 09/14/04 12:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ha! We get pain all over the place! If you've been proprly diagnosed (colonoscopy?) then I wouldn't worry, but concentrate on doing the diet and getting your SFSs. That should make it go away! Also, have you tried enteric peppermint capsules? They can be incredibly helpful with pain.

#105723 - 09/14/04 01:26 AM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

I have noticed the same thing---that most people on this board describe pain on the right side. And, I always wondered just like you are. But, I've had all the tests and know for certain I have IBS and my pain has always been on the left side. Usually runs from just under my breastbone all the way down. (and sometimes it then goes across the very lower part of my stomach). So, don't worry, that's just how your ibs presents itself. One thing I've come to realize is that ibs is so very different and portrays itself in so many different ways in people.

#105729 - 09/14/04 04:20 AM
JMT

Reged: 06/25/04

I had severe pain in my left side for two months straight until I cut out caffeine and started to follow Heather's Diet as best I can. Get all the tests done to rule out anything else though. Good luck. Judy

#105809 - 09/14/04 11:31 AM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

You can have pain in one place that indicates a problem in another place.

I had an upper GI with SBFT and the radiologist was really surprised. He showed me the images where I had nice healthy fluffy intestine on my right side and a rather nasty-looking section on my left side. It was my right side that hurt, and no matter how he shoved around the left side, it did NOT hurt.

My doc laughed about it later. She reminded me that a lot of folks who are having a heart attack experience pain in the JAW or neck or upper arm -- not in the area where the heart is. The radiologist was surprised but the doc was not.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3359 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 708

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review