All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Oooh, no, you can't leave... new
      #105975 - 09/15/04 06:31 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Who would I talk Lebanese food with, then? Besides... I don't think you ever get rid of IBS completely, you just have it under really good control. Glad to hear the CDs are helping & you're feeling so good! That's wonderful!

I've always resisted the individual packages because they cost so much more, and we're on a really limited budget. But I will probably switch to those, if I find I can drink the "warm" rice milk just fine.

Have fun with that law homework! (If you're a nerd, so am I. I loved Business Law.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

maybe it's the vanilla? -nt- new
      #105987 - 09/15/04 08:28 AM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

Nope - chocolate rice milk did the same thing. -nt- new
      #105988 - 09/15/04 08:30 AM
atomic rose

must be the shock theory then huh? -nt- new
      #105989 - 09/15/04 08:32 AM
turrtle

Yeah... I still stand by that... new
      #105991 - 09/15/04 08:35 AM
atomic rose

The more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure it's just that the stuff is a shock to my system... either because it's cold (in the case of the rice milk) or because it's sweet and rich (in the case of the baked goods). 99.9% of what goes into my body is room temperature or warmer, and what little is colder is typically chewed first and therefore becomes warmer. As for the sweets... I haven't eaten much in the way of sugar for almost 2 years. I'm thinking my body just doesn't know what to do with it anymore!

Good thought, though, on the vanilla, btw.

I know what you mean new
      #105994 - 09/15/04 08:42 AM
turrtle

When I lived in NY state, I had problems with the cold. Now in SC, I have problems going from an air conditioned house to a hot car and back and forth. It drives my stomach crazy. I actually have a "normal" cold now. lol D all night last night. Do you have problems dealing with the weather where you are?

Surprisingly, no! new
      #105997 - 09/15/04 08:46 AM
atomic rose

The weather doesn't affect me in the slightest... which is good, considering that I have to deal with both extremes: 90 and humid in the summer, and -50 wind chills in the winter. Apparently, my only "cold" problems have to do with cold food; I guess I should count my blessings. lol! Sorry you have to deal with that - that would drive me crazy!

Hope you're feeling better new
      #105998 - 09/15/04 08:51 AM
turrtle

I'm checking out your clothes for sale. I love the 40s and 50s suits. Haven't found any yet lol. I'm working on some CPK clothes right now then I'm gonna make a hooded cape. Halloween is coming up after all!

Re: What would you do? Canola Oil, corn allergy? new
      #106144 - 09/16/04 01:10 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

When I was talking to a person in a health food shop about what to cook with, they said not to use use canola oil as it is a common intolerance. It's not really widely used here in the UK anyway (took me ages to work out it was rapeseed oil!) so I use olive oil instead.

UPDATE - Well, I found ONE trigger, anyway.... new
      #106672 - 09/18/04 06:45 AM
atomic rose

I was right... COLD doesn't work for me. I had a cup of warmed vanilla rice milk this morning (the same stuff that triggered an attack earlier this week), and I'm fine.

I'm happy that it's not the rice milk itself, but a little bummed that I can't drink it cold... I CANNOT do warm (even room-temp) milk on cereal, it's just one of my weird neurotic quirks. I can't do room-temp smoothies, either. So I guess both of those are out... but on the bright side, warm vanilla rice milk is actually pretty tasty.

I'll tackle Heather's breads next. It's actually been almost 2 months since I've tried one, so maybe my system can handle it now.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, guys! Y'all rock!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 37069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review