All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: What was your worst IBS attack like? new
      #251094 - 03/09/06 11:17 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

Oh wow, mine was back a couple years ago. It was morning and I felt the cramping and said to my husband, oh no, it's coming!!!!! I had the biggest bowel movement of my life, while I was puking at the same time. I couldn't breathe good. I broke out in an itchy rash!! My husband called 911, thought I was going to die. When the paramedics arrived it was all over and I was sitting on the floor and I said I'm better now. They said, "well, you don't look better" My family says I was white as a ghost. The poor little ones were so scared. Not fun for any of us. Now since I know what I have, I didn't then, I don't think I'd panic so much.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#251098 - 03/09/06 11:26 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

What caused the rash?

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#251123 - 03/09/06 12:33 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I had one just a few months ago. It was horrible!! I went to a health food store and bought some enzyme tablets because from reading all the posts I thought they were safe for me to take. I started taking 2 a day - one in the morning and one at night. They made me feel a bit crampy, but I wasn't relating the pills to my cramps. Then about 1 week or so into the pills I developed horrible cramps in the evening that lasted almost all night. I was doubled over in front of the toilet and actually vomited and nothing came out. Anyways, I wasn't sure if I had the flu, but then realized that when I do have the flu I usually get sick for a 2 to 3 hours and then everything slows down. This was lasting all night and I just wanted to die!!! Finally I fell asleep close to dawn and felt crappy for most of the next day. I had to really think about what it was and when I realized it was the enyzme tablets I threw the rest down the toilet and vowed that I will never ever ever take them again!!!

Carol

#251128 - 03/09/06 12:43 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I have two that tie for the "Worst IBS Attack" award

#1 - My little sister's 16th birthday dinner. My family went out to eat at a very nice Italian restaurant.At this time, I had no idea I had IBS, but I knew that my stomach was sensitive to certain things. I thought pasta would be safe, so I ate some sort of chicken pasta with plenty of parmesan cheese. As I neared the bottom of the bowl, I remember thinking "Gosh, it looks like there's a pound of oil in here." Great. Well, about an hour later when we got home, I was curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor crying from the painful spasms. I had D intermittantly for about 2 hours, but the pain lasted for about 6. I had never had it last that long before and it was so intense! It really scared the hell out of me. What made it worse was my whole family thought I was either crazy or over-dramatizing the situation.

#2 - The attack that made me finally go see a GI. I was celebrating 4th of July with my boyfriend and a bunch of his friends at his house. Once you guys see what I consumed that day, you can imagine how bad of an attack it was! We were swimming and drinking beer all afternoon. Then we BBQ-ed hamburgers which were stuffed with bleu cheese. It was really hot out, so I spent the rest of the evening munching on fresh watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, etc. I started getting sleepy from all the beer, so I quaffed down a Red Bull. About a half hour later, I had explosive D a couple of times. Then the pain set in, again I was curled in the fetal position grinding my teeth with tears in my eyes. It lasted all night. I called an made an appt with a GI the next business day!

It's sorta funny, but when I think back to all the more memorable horrible attacks I've had, I can remember what I ate. Everything was in direct contradiction to this diet! It's amazing how much I've improved simply by altering my eating habits!!!

#251144 - 03/09/06 01:13 PM
Serenity64

I don't know, just my body reacting from the pain I guess.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

#251145 - 03/09/06 01:16 PM
Serenity64

You're so right about remembering what caused the attacks, and how it does contradict this diet. A lot of mine were after eating a steak the night before!

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

I have 2! new
      #251204 - 03/09/06 04:46 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

OK...I finally thought of some of my worst attacks.
1. Last December I got tot ravel to Vienna for 2 weeks. During the weekend inbetween, we went to Budapest. Well, before we left for the train station, I started getting horrible cramps. I took TONS of immodium, but nothing worked. I had to take the tram to the train station...bolt to the bathroom there...(earlier in the day I had to sit in a museum bathroom sick as a dog...) I finallymade it there, but on the train I was sick as can be...it was the most unpleasant trip ever!
2. Another terrible attack was when I finally arrived in London a few years ago when I was studying abroad. I got there JUST in time for horrible cramps to start... imagine, being sick as can be flying alone, finding an apartment alone,a nd then meeting the 40 people you are to study with all within 24 hrs....
And to think...I never wanted to admit that stress affected my IBS back then...haha!
That's my worst cases!:)

--------------------
IBS-A

#251372 - 03/10/06 10:05 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I didn't think anything of it the first time I read this thread but today I had a minor attack and got a rash. but for me personally, I get rashes easily if I get too warm..
If my bed is too hot I will break out with a nasty heat rash and sometimes when having an attack, my body temp will get high up there like a fever and I will get the damn heat rash again.. just a thought..

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2367 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11767

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review