All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Amazing Find- RELIV
      #104775 - 09/09/04 12:29 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

Sorry for not posting in forever.... I've been working 40-70 hours/week in the theatre-- will thankfully finish on Sunday and resume the search for a lower stress job.

For three and a half weeks, after having been in the hospital for a colonoscopy, miserable for close to nine years, I have been IBS symptom free thanks to a soluble fiber diet (for the most part) and a new powdered vitamin supplement and fiber supplement (that includes probiotics) from a company called RELIV.

The RELIV products are based on the philosophy that if we have dietary restrictions as so many of us with IBS do, our bodies are not getting the proper nutrition, and therefore are needing certain nutrients we have trouble getting in food sometimes because of food allergies and restrictions to keep from triggering our disease.

I was skeptical. Extremely so. And the woman I am staying with while I finish my 5 week contract is an RN. She handed me the bottle of powder, told me to take it twice a day with another supplement for fiber, and I would feel better.

In under a week and a half, I reduced my IBS related medications-- Bentyl and Paxil to half and cut Protonix (for acid reflux) in half as well, stopped all Immodium when I'd been taking 8 or more a week the 2 weeks before I started the RELIV and I've never felt better.

I still take 1 T of Acacia once a day, but otherwise, I have been wonderful. I have more energy, I'm sleeping better, and I can't believe how little I worry about getting sick!

I'm not saying this is a "dream cure" but in conjunction with Heather's diet guidelines, it can make a huge difference.

If you'd like more information you can email me. Just look at my profile and dash me a message or post a reply and I will field what questions I can.... I'm dying to let people know so they can start feeling better because you've all been such a help to me.

All best,
Karen =)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Amazing Find- RELIV new
      #104781 - 09/09/04 12:55 PM
pepperkitty

Reged: 08/31/04

Hello!

I am very intersted in more information? Is this for ibs-c or d. Also, where can I find it?

#104783 - 09/09/04 12:57 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Karen, that's great news that you're doing so well!! Hey, whatever helps, right?! That definitely sounds like a product worth considering adding to our arsenals!

Glad to hear things are good. Keep coming back now, okay?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Karen! new
      #104851 - 09/09/04 05:01 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hey - I read your post and was wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about the RELIV - I looked at your profile and didnt see an email address......anyways my mom had a couple of ladies come in her office that were talking about this same stuff and so she bought a can of it - she gave it to me but I never have tried it. Its the one called Classic, is this the one you take? I've heard a lot of good things about it and was amazed when I saw that someone else had it so please let me know a way to contact you! Thank you!

Yes! I'm very interested new
      #104854 - 09/09/04 05:18 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Wow! That's so wonderful you're doing so much better. What you said makes so much sense re: what made the co. make this supplement. With our limited diets we don't get the vitamins and minerals I'm sure we should...

Where can we find out more info on it? IS there a website or can we get it locally? And is it for ibs c or d or both.

will be anxiously awaiting more info..

so happy for you!

Janene

#104868 - 09/09/04 07:34 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I was curious enough to Google it- here's the website RELIV website where you can view detailed ingredient lists for all their products. This speaks well of the product right off the bat, don't you think?... if they're willing to be that upfront about the product. Looks like it's a really good vit/min supplement with some digestive enzymes and psyllium fiber thrown in.
Like Karen says, probably not a dream cure, but could be really helpful. Check it out.
Say Karen, tell more about your theatre job, please.

RELIV INFO (works for both IBS C & D) new
      #104922 - 09/10/04 08:14 AM
kemulvey

Hi guys,

Those of you who want to know more about RELIV can email me at karenreliv@hotmail.com

Products are ordered either through me or via a 1-800 number. I will explain it all to you via email. I don't want to clutter up the board. Please go ahead and dash me an email and I'll tell you all you need to know about the products and how to take them.

Also, the RELIV has completely gotten rid of my migraines as well.

Best,
Karen =)

RELIV BASICS new
      #104927 - 09/10/04 08:39 AM
kemulvey

Because of the response, I'm posting the basic information for all here, and then if you'd like to know more about ordering you can email me.

Here's the basic scoop.

There are 3 products everybody takes a month. Sounds like a lot, but the results are AMAZING if you do it right.... and if you're willing to give it a shot. I was at my wits end and taking over $250 in prescription drugs a month, plus meds for stress and had trouble sleeping. I'm down from over 30 pills per day (fiber included) to taking 7. SEVEN.

So the 3 products you will need are as follows:

Classic or Now (only difference is the flavor): No sugar. No lactose. Soy based. (I have trouble with soy and this does not bother me). 72 nutrients in one scoop of powder.

Taking 1-2 scoops = 7-9 fresh veggies. The body uses the nutrients to start to heal itself!

Innergize: Isotonic sports drink. Hydrator and softens the cell to bring Classic or Now into the cell to accelerate the balancing process. (One can of innergize will last 2 months.)

Finally: for us IBSers... Fibrestore... Mostly soluble fiber, some insoluble fiber. 21 herbs, 3 digestive enzymes, antioxidants and 10 grams of fiber per scoop! (I take it in 1/2 scoop servings twice a day.)

More info on the products themselves is available at RELIV.COM.

E-mail me if you're interested in knowing more or ordering. karenreliv@hotmail.com.

Have a great day.
Karen =)

Re: RELIV BASICS new
      #104933 - 09/10/04 08:50 AM
carey28

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Boston, MA

ooh, it sounds very promising! but it is quite expensive! heard of any way to get it cheaper? i am a grad student working for a non-profit so needless to say i am pinching the pennies!! has anyone else tried this? does it help with the bloating?? that is my worst symptom....

#104956 - 09/10/04 10:42 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Karen, I didn't realize you were selling it. I presumed it was something available from drugstores. I think someone on a budget could achieve the same result by taking a generic multivitamin, probiotic and SFS. Thanks for sharing about it though.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Reliv Clarification new
      #104965 - 09/10/04 11:06 AM
kemulvey

As far as achieving the same results, compiling your own vitamins and fiber theoretically would work, but it didn't for me... the only reason I'm telling anyone is because this is working for me like nothing else.

I wish they had a website you could order directly from... they don't because the way it works is word of mouth... that's the only reason they sell it through a 1-800 number.

I was doing that compiling my own multivitamin and SFS and probiotic and I was still as miserable as ever. Your body treats this like a food, not a vitamin pill or a series of pills. So the absorbtion is 98% as opposed to 10-12% with vitamin pills.

I called my doctor to tell her, and she agreed that I should check it out. I'm glad I did.

Karen =)

bloating new
      #104967 - 09/10/04 11:08 AM
kemulvey

Yep, my bloating is gone. And it was my worst symptom-- the WORST. Woke every morning feeling like a hot air balloon.
E-mail me and we'll see where we go from here.
See post above for info.
Best,
Karen =)

Re: RELIV BASICS new
      #104970 - 09/10/04 11:25 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

You mentioned that you had trouble with Soy and this does not bother you. Everyone is different, how can we be sure that the Soy want send those of us who have problems with Soy into a D attack? What kinds of problems do (did) you have with Soy?

I can barely get a little rice Dream down, and have not been near Soy!

It sounds like a very good product, and I did go to the website to read about it. My problem is I'm afraid to try this because of the Soy and Psyllium; I'm prone to gas.

I know there is a money back guarantee, but that would be a big step for me; not only financially, but the fear of an attack as well.

I'm not knocking your information and am glad you are sharing with us but we all "fear" the attack.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#105161 - 09/11/04 11:54 AM
pepperkitty

Reged: 08/31/04

Ouick question:
Did you have any type of side effect the first week or so that you were on it? I would imagine that it helps to rid your body of toxins and I was just wondering if I should expect anything out of the ordinary. I just purchased reliv now and fibrestore. I can't use the classic because it has brewer's yeast in it. let me know

Re: bloating new
      #105188 - 09/11/04 03:26 PM
ptillen

Do you have a theory as to how this works on bloating? Cause that alone would be worth the price of admission, I think.

Re: THIS IS A MULTI LEVEL MARKETING PRODUCT- new
      #105224 - 09/11/04 10:12 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Karen-I looked up Reliv International and found out it is a mutli level marketing company--think you should tell people this on the boards--and explain it--since some people might not know what that is...I emailed you for info-but you don't need to respond since I checked it out myself.

Re: THIS IS A MULTI LEVEL MARKETING PRODUCT- new
      #105257 - 09/12/04 06:56 AM
ptillen

I found that out too as I researched it. That doesn't mean it isn't a good product, it just means that one should be upfront when speaking of it.

Re: RELIV BASICS... a question regarding fiber new
      #105321 - 09/12/04 12:27 PM
ptillen

Did you ramp up the fiber dosage?, cause it seems like an awful lot to begin taking all at once.

RELIV... bump... questions about the products -nt- new
      #105807 - 09/14/04 11:19 AM
ptillen

For Abby- Reliv new
      #106269 - 09/16/04 11:43 AM
kemulvey

Abby,
You can email me at karenreliv@hotmail.com and I will answer your questions ASAP. I have been using classic for a month in combination with 2 other things and I have never felt better. Truth.
Talk soon,
Karen =)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review