All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
For Sara-Sage (& anyone else): an AD update
      #104761 - 09/09/04 11:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, today was my first day at a full dose of Lexapro. I *am* sleepier than I have been the past couple days (the sleepy effect had been starting to wear off), but I can deal with that. I also had a really good side effect: the munchies!! I just sat down and ate a HUGE plate of pasta, probably the biggest single portion of food I've eaten since April.

I'm still having the cramping/D, but I'm finding it just really doesn't bother me at all. I mean, I'd rather not have it, and I'm still nervous about leaving the house, but it's not stopping me from eating & I'm not having panic attacks over it. Woohoo!

Anyway... just thought I'd update before I go back to bed for the afternoon, LOL!

Sara-Sage: How are you doing? Still about the same?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Casey..... new
      #104763 - 09/09/04 11:54 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sounds like you are making progress. YAAY!

You ate a "whole" plate of pasta, huh? That's wonderful. I am so excited for you.
Now I'm craving some spaghetti. Yum!

Take care
Barbie

--------------------

Re: Hi Casey..... new
      #104772 - 09/09/04 12:26 PM
atomic rose

What's even funnier is that even though I just ate and I have a belly full of pasta, seeing you mention spaghetti has me craving meatballs. LOL! Mmm... meatball heros...

Yeah, I'd say that's progress.

Take care! And thanks!

Re: For Sara-Sage (& anyone else): an AD update new
      #104789 - 09/09/04 01:18 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Great news Casey; I am so glad you are feeling better.

I take Lexapro (10mg) so I can relate to some of the things you are experiencing. After I had been on it for about 2 months, everything returned to normal and I am sure it will be the same for you.

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and you are in my prayers. After all, when I start feeling bad who is going to advise me if you are sick? (smile)

Take care.

BIG BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Wahoo!... new
      #104793 - 09/09/04 01:26 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...progress! That is so cool. And a WHOLE plate of pasta. You go girl! We'll have you on the needing-to-lose-weight-cos-Heather's-food-is-too-darn-yummy list anytime soon!

Mmm...pasta. Why didn't I have pasta for dinner?

You go sleep! Wish I was sleeping like that!

#104811 - 09/09/04 02:34 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey there! That's good news! I startd my full dose today too and didn't really notice anything different.

I wish I'd get the munchies. I need to gain some weight. Someone at work actually asked me what I weigh. Geez, how about none of your damn business! He asked if I was less than 110 lbs. I didn't tell him but the answer is yes. What a jerk!

I have 'd' too but have for months so I don't think it's increased. Just take an Imodium if you know you're going out. They're harmless and super effective.

Other than that, I'm ok. I had a 3 min episode of nausea today before I ate lunch and it worried me a bit.

Thanks for asking about me and I think it will only get better for both of us.

By the way, my real name is Tina, Sara's my cat's name.

#104817 - 09/09/04 02:47 PM
atomic rose

Tina! I knew your name wasn't Sara, but I couldn't remember if you'd ever mentioned your name on here... now I won't forget.

Glad to hear your side effects haven't gotten any worse with the full dose either! Now here's hoping we both get to really start feeling some BENEFITS soon, huh?

I'm very happy for the munchies, believe me. I just hopped on the scale out of curiosity, and I weigh 108 - wearing sweatpants, a huge heavy sweatshirt, and having a belly full of food. I seriously don't think I've weighed this little since I was 10. Hopefully I'll gain 15-20lbs with this stuff. I can't believe your coworker asked about your weight. Talk about none of yer business, sheesh!

I've been taking the imodium... it doesn't always work. I think I've taken so many over the years that my body is used to it. But it's ok; there's very little I really need to leave the house for that I can't just send the boyfriend out to do instead. LOL!

Anyway, good to hear you're basically ok... hope it continues!

#104821 - 09/09/04 02:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Ya, on with the benefits. Good call.

All through high school, I was always small and about this weight but I'd like to gain 10-15 lbs. If only I could pig out on a large pizza and some ice cream it would be no problem. It's hard with our food limitations.

Too bad about the Imodium.

Oh ya, I'm ok. I do think I seem a bit more cheerful and haven't had any cramps since I started it. I just realized that today. That's kinda cool!

Bye for now.

Bravo!! Keep up the good work!-nt new
      #104855 - 09/09/04 05:20 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

#104862 - 09/09/04 06:32 PM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Hoorah! That's fantastic news. So glad you feel like eating again. I like the feeling of not caring too, although the last couple of nights I have woken with panic attacks again (ggrr thought I'd got past this), but I think I'm just nervous about the prospect of moving house. It seems like a lot to deal with at the moment.

Tina - I find I can only put on weight when I've got d if I snack on Heathers breads ALL day. If I cut out the cake the pounds start sliding off.

Really pleased for you both - and ignore annoying people at work. Personally it pissed me off when everyone had lengthy conversations about their latest diet, when I couldn't eat anything. I just felt like saying be grateful for the chocolate!!

Casey, I'm having a rubbish night, but this thread has cheered me up no end - so I'm going to have a calming cup of cammomile tea now and try and get some sleep.

:-) Catherine

PS Sara is a cute name for a cat!

GREAT NEWS FOR CASEY AND TINA- YOU GO GIRLS!!!! nt new
      #104871 - 09/09/04 09:11 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

#104923 - 09/10/04 08:18 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Whoo hoo! Isn't it great when your body acts up...and it doesn't faze you or panic you? For me, that always signals the end of a touchy tummy/colon episode.

--AC, just starting the hypno herself

#104955 - 09/10/04 10:42 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Casey,
That is great progress! Glad to hear! Its one step at a time, soon enough your D will be gone and you will be 100%.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#104959 - 09/10/04 10:51 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Casey and Tina,
Congrats to you both on doing so much better. The change in both of you even comes through in your posts. You are both much more upbeat now! So you ARE making progress! I know it's sometimes hard to tell when you're in the day-to-day mode, so it's helpful to have someone else reflect back to you how great you're doing.

BIG HUGS to both of you sweeties!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Casey , AD update new
      #104980 - 09/10/04 12:05 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Oh Casey, I am so happy to hear you are doing better on the Lexapro and that it seems to be helping you.

You are making me hungry for Pasta.....I might have to go cook some...

You sound good today, keep the good work up honey!! I am so happy for you, I hope it only gets better from here. I am keeping you in my prayers!! gayla

#104997 - 09/10/04 01:06 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh thanks! That's so sweet!

#104999 - 09/10/04 01:08 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Catherine. I will have to snack way more to gain some more weight. I think it's time to make some AD brownies agin. Yum.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2446

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review