All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do you prevent abdominal tenderness????
      #104685 - 09/09/04 05:58 AM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

Hello! I hope that you are all well! I was wondering if any of you experience severe abdominal tenderness with your IBS? If so, do you know what causes it...constipation and bloating? In addition, any ideas as to how to decrease the pain? It even hurts when my clothes touch my abdomen! Thanks for your help!

Danielle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do you prevent abdominal tenderness???? new
      #104711 - 09/09/04 08:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can totally relate!! I am in the middle of a pretty serious flare up right now. When I get a "flare up" I get EXTREME pain, bloating, nausea, sometimes C, sometimes D. They really don't know what causes the extreme bloating or pain. Since last Tuesday, I haven't been able to wear a bra, my panties feel way too tight and all I can wear are dresses with no waists!!! I went to my dr the other day and she couldn't get over how swellon I was. She prescribed me Xanax and Vicodin. Since I am prone to C usually, I typically take Miralax but in a flare up like this I switch to Zelnorm 6mg 3 times a day. The Zelnorm is supposed to help with the bloating and pain. The Xanax is an anti-anxiety to help calm things down. when I get bad like this, my blood pressure and pulse get real high and I'm prone to panick attacks. The vicodin is a powerful and addictive narcotic for the pain. I've been on the Zelnorm for a week and taking the Xanax and Vicodin every 8 hours for almost 3 days now and I'm finally able to at least breath without severe pain. I have the heating pad on as much as possible. I wish I knew how to prevent myself from getting like this. Unfortunately, mine is mostly stress related and its been a very difficult summer for me.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michelle?? Miralax??? new
      #104734 - 09/09/04 09:39 AM
beth71

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

I'm just wondering what you think of Miralax? When do you take it? Does it help "bulk" up your stool? I've been taking it and I seem to have loose stool more often and longer in a day. Thanks!

~Beth

Re: Michelle?? Miralax??? new
      #104747 - 09/09/04 10:22 AM
michele

I couldn't live without my Miralax!! Its not perfect, I do get loose stools from it but at least things are moving!! It is an osmitic laxative, meaning it pulls water into your colon and stimultes it to have a BM. It doesn't bulk it up at all. If you are having a problem with the loose stools, reduce your dose a bit. Try taking half a dose instead of a full dose. I always mix Heathers Acacia with it. I vary my dose all the time. Just before my period, I always need to take more. Play around until you find the right dose for you!

--------------------

Miralax!!! new
      #104755 - 09/09/04 11:12 AM
beth71

Thank you. I've been taking about 1/2 when my stools are too loose, and find that helps some. My GI didn't explain exactly what it does, so I really didn't know. You have provided more info than he did. I'll keep adjusting and see how that goes. Does Heather's Acacia help with the Miralax? How does that work? I thought the Miralax was also a fiber supplement...I guess I don't have enough info on it.

Re: How do you prevent abdominal tenderness???? new
      #104756 - 09/09/04 11:14 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

Have you tried abdominal massage? If you are laying on your back place your hand on your abdomin and make small circles. If you have C you make the circles clockwise if you have D you make the circles counterclockwise. Hope this helps. Anne

Re: Miralax!!! new
      #104794 - 09/09/04 01:36 PM
michele

No, the miralax doesn't contain any fiber at all! I find that mixing the miralax and Acacia together helps keep my bms a little more formed and helps to keep my tummy feeling better. I take a small juice glass and mix one spoon acacia and the miralax together, stir in enough water to mix it all up than add juice. If you just mix it with juice, it doesn't dissolve as well and its lumpier going down I think adding the acacia should help with your loose stools!

--------------------

Thanks Michele!!!! I'll order some Acacia soon!!! -nt- new
      #104845 - 09/09/04 04:16 PM
beth71

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1987 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1380

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review