Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hi from a new poster!
      #104512 - 09/08/04 11:06 AM
IBS SC

Reged: 09/08/04
Loc: South Carolina

Hi everyone,

This is my first time to post, but I've been coming to this site for almost every day for about a year. I can't say enough good things about all of you. You are all so wonderful, helpful, kind, caring, etc. It's nice to know I am not alone. Ya'll have really been a lifesaver. I primarily have IBS-D. I take Heather's Acacia, drink her peppermint tea, and try to eat only safe foods. I have cut out meat. I am trying to be a vegetarian, but it's hard for me to give up chicken and seafood. The worst thing I hate about IBS is the inconsistency. Sometimes I can eat whatever I want and then other times it seems like the littlest things will trigger it. It's so frustrating. I hardly ever eat out anymore. It's frustrating for my husband. For the most part he's understanding but I know he misses going to a good steak restaurant.

We are planning on moving to Florence SC as soon as we find a house. My husband and I are wanting to start a family, but I don't have a doctor yet. I don't know a soul in the area to ask for recommendations. I would like to find a vegetarian, ibs-friendly doctor. I have had horrible luck with Western doctors, at least with gastros. I spent the last year in Korea and I had a wonderful Oriental medicine doctor. I did acupuncture 2 or 3 times a week. It only cost me 4 dollars a visit! Yep, only 4 dollars. I would like to continue acupuncture here, but it's just too expensive.

Ok, this is getting too long. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask anyone if they have any suggestions on finding a good obstetrician. I looked online, but I didn't have much luck. I also wanted to post to give you all a long overdue thank you, so thank ya'll from the bottom of my heart. This board has helped me so much!

--------------------
"The teacher opens the gate, but the student has to walk through it."
Chinese proverb

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome to the boards new
      #104521 - 09/08/04 12:14 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I know what you mean about having a hard time eating out. But I've been noticing many places offering veggie burgers and vegetarian entrees, alot of them contain dairy. I just order the fish and I have been pretty lucky so far, knock on wood! Check your healthcare insurance, mine covers a % of alternative medicine including accupuncture.

--------------------
IBS-D

Hi there and welcome! - nt new
      #104523 - 09/08/04 12:17 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Hi there and welcome! - nt new
      #104597 - 09/08/04 03:51 PM
IBS SC

Thank you! - nt

--------------------
Chinese proverb

Thank you - nt new
      #104598 - 09/08/04 03:51 PM
IBS SC

--------------------
Chinese proverb

Re: Welcome to the boards new
      #104600 - 09/08/04 03:57 PM
IBS SC

I can find things to eat, but I'm just nervous about having an attack. I will look into my insurance covering acupuncture. Thanks for letting me know. I just figured it wouldn't cover alternative medicine.

--------------------
Chinese proverb

Re: Hi from a new poster! new
      #104621 - 09/08/04 05:39 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I also have intermittent D and it is frustrating trying to figure out why today and why not yesterday and why can't I be well all the time!!

After you move, try getting recommendations for a doctor from someone who works in a local health food store or some other place where more "openminded" people work or hang out.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi and welcome new
      #104622 - 09/08/04 05:41 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I can't give you any advice about an obstetrician because I'm post-menopausal. BUT, I can relate about eating everything OK and then an have an attack from out of nowhere. I try to keep a food diary so that I can usually go back and figure out what caused it. A lot of my problem is stress. When I am stressed my stomach is in knots.

Why do you want to be a vegetarian? You can still have grilled or baked chicken & fish if you have IBS. You could go to a steak restaurant with hubby and order grilled chicken and plain baked potato and I bet it would be yummy. Or if you can tolerate veggies some places offer a veggie plate.

Anyway, Good luck on starting your family. I'm going to be a granny in November.

Barbie

--------------------

#104627 - 09/08/04 06:25 PM
Organic Gal

Reged: 09/07/04
Loc: Southwest U.S.

HI from another newbie!

OG

--------------------
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

Re: Hi and welcome new
      #104840 - 09/09/04 03:52 PM
IBS SC

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! I can't wait to be a mom.

I would like to be a vegetarian for a few reasons. The main is for moral reasons. Since realizing I have IBS I have read a lot about how animals are treated. I definitely miss a good filet mignon and a roast beef sandwich, but it's getting easier with time. I don't crave beef as much as I used to.

--------------------
Chinese proverb

#104842 - 09/09/04 03:54 PM
IBS SC

Thanks for the suggestion about inquiring at a health food store. Unfortunately, it's a small town so there aren't that many. :-(

--------------------
Chinese proverb

Re: Welcome to the boards new
      #104849 - 09/09/04 04:51 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi and welcome. I also have ibs with d. I do get very frustrated just like you when you eat something one day and it doesn't do anything to you but the next day it does. I also really don't like eating out because what are you going to eat. My family seems to understand and try and help me out.

Good luck with starting a family. I also love this website and the boards. Anytime I am having a bad day I can just write on here and get wonderful reponses. Everyone is so nice and it is nice to know that there are other people out there that are going through this and can help out anytime you need them.

--------------------
Michelle

#104882 - 09/09/04 11:18 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I just wanted to say hello and welcome!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Hello and Welcome n/t new
      #104887 - 09/09/04 11:27 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

#104920 - 09/10/04 07:24 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just wanted to add my welcome too - hi and welcome!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review