All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
chocolate
      #104302 - 09/07/04 12:36 PM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Hi,
I have IBS-C and lately, I have been getting cravings for chocolate in the evening, even when it's not my monthly cycle. When I eat chocolate, it seems to be a trigger food for me and sometimes it bothers my stomach. I'm wondering why this is happening. Does anyone else experience this? I'm not a chocoholic, but once in a while, I'll have a small amount of it. catlady

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chocolate new
      #104312 - 09/07/04 01:30 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

solid chocolate is full of fat, cocoa isn't so I often make my own chocolatey treats to satisfy the cravings and of course milk chocolate has milk, also a big no no for most of us.. if I have a good soluble fiber base and am under control I can handle a small amount of solid chocolate, but a very small amount..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#104405 - 09/08/04 05:47 AM

Unregistered

Try Silk Chocolate soy milk. Its really rich and its IBS safe. takes care of the cravings and doesn't make ya sick!

#104425 - 09/08/04 07:19 AM
Organic Gal

Reged: 09/07/04
Loc: Southwest U.S.

Two nights ago I wanted chocolate SOOOO badly. So, I got out Heather's cookbook and made the Chocolate Meltaway Angel Kisses. When I make them, I just make a third of the recipe -- I mix the egg white in a big cereal bowl with the cream of tartar, then beat in the quarter-cup of sugar and a tbsp of cocoa powder. The only hard part is waiting 45 minutes for them to bake! It's just the right size batch for me (and I don't share any -- my daughter has her goodies, and this is mine!).

OG

--------------------
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

merengue kisses new
      #104438 - 09/08/04 07:58 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'll post my recipe for this in the recipe forum... plaina dn chocolate.. both yummy for us.. and easy but time consuming (sorta) to make...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4570 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1069

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review