All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Prednisone and IBS
      #104156 - 09/06/04 05:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Anyone been on prednisone before and satyed IBS stable? If so, PLEASE tell me your secret...this pain is AWFUL!

Thanks!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Prednisone and IBS new
      #104313 - 09/07/04 01:34 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm trying to think back to how my tummy felt on it. I had 2 courses and a shot (for poison ivy ). I remember being hungry all the time, having lots of energy and I missed a period which freaked me out! but other than that I think my tummy was the way it always is. I'm sorry I can't be more help. I did exercise a lot so maybe that helped me.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#104319 - 09/07/04 02:46 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Taking it with food helps. Eat half your meal then take the pill, then finish the meal.

#104333 - 09/07/04 03:29 PM
jenkins

Reged: 02/12/04

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you taking prednisone and wondering if it is the cause of your de-stablized condition or are you contemplating taking prednisone and wondering if it has de-stablized others. All I know is that prednisone is very contravertial and must be taken with care because it affects your immune system. There are a lot of miracle stories out there regarding the stuff. But, there are definately some serious side effectts to contend with. I believe it would be used only on a short term basis, too.
If you are taking it I would be interested in your opinion.

#104481 - 09/08/04 09:39 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks for all the replies!

I am on prednisone. For like the 4th time since last January...for sinusitis. My stomach is in complete disarray...and my cavings are out of control. This time is worse than usual. The depression is really getting to me this time. Plus I have to go back to the doc today to check to see if I have a UTI on top of everything else!

What I'm wondering is how people curb their cravings and stear clear of IBS falre-ups while on this horrible med?!

Thanks...sorry for any confusion!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#104494 - 09/08/04 10:19 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I ate a lot of Luna bars and the like and I did gain weight, but man could I bike fast!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#104572 - 09/08/04 02:22 PM
jenkins

Reged: 02/12/04

Sorry to hear that the prednisone could possibly be the source of your distress. Have you looked in to alternative meds for the sinutitus. There are a lot of new meds for allergies and sinutitus and the like. If you could find a replacement for prednisone then you would know if that were the cause of your problems. That's distressing because I would have thought that prednisone would have a benefical effect on gastro problems. Good luck in getting better and keep us posted on the progress.

#104596 - 09/08/04 03:48 PM
Organic Gal

Reged: 09/07/04
Loc: Southwest U.S.

Not sure if this will help, but I have to do steroids occasionally. Last Friday I got a big old shot of DepoMedrol (80 mg), and I don't get the same side effects I got when I took oral prednisone. I've had the depomedrol shots often, and like them. I'd NEVER go back to oral. Will it help your sinus problem? Ask your doc . . . It's a thought.

--------------------
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -- John Lennon

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review