All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1st time on message boards...IBS w/ Constipation
      #103699 - 09/03/04 01:04 PM
beth71

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

I have been suffering w/ IBS for almost 10 years...the last year has been mostly constipation and when that starts to flow, it goes to immediate diarrea and loose stools...anyone have any suggestions? I have been changing my diet over the last week and reading Heather's books and seem to be having less pain, but still some problems. Any advice would help. Thank you!! Beth71

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Beth! new
      #103743 - 09/03/04 05:33 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just wanted to say welcome, mostly. If you have Heather's books and you're following her diet and supplement advice to the letter, you're off to a good start. It does take time to see substantial and consistent results, so the best advice I can offer is to hang in there and stick with the diet - you WILL feel better! Are you taking a soluble fiber supplement? As someone who alternates between diarrhea and constipation, that's been the #1 thing I've found helpful. Good luck! And welcome again!

Re: 1st time on message boards...IBS w/ Constipation new
      #103744 - 09/03/04 05:38 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello and welcome to the boards. I agree with everything Casey said. I just wanted to say Hello. Just hang in there. You will feel better soon.
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Hi Beth! new
      #103763 - 09/03/04 07:48 PM
beth71

Thanks Casey! I was following the diet for the past week, and tonight I had a piece of pizza with my girls...BIG MISTAKE!!! I spent quite a bit of time in the little girls room...I'm not going to make a mistake like that again . Thanks for the words of encouragement. It helps to know there are others out there with these crazy problems!! Thanks!

#103765 - 09/03/04 07:50 PM
beth71

Thanks! I appreciate the support. The books are great and the diet isn't as tough to follow as I thought it would be...as long as I don't eat pizza

Re: Beth, Welcome ! new
      #103774 - 09/03/04 10:01 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I too am IBS C. I do not have the same problem you do, I am just C, all of the time, I have been D, and A. I have read of others here that can help you. Hope you get better soon!

gayla

Thanks Gayla new
      #103820 - 09/04/04 07:54 AM
beth71

Thanks for your support. Yesterday and last night (3AM) I had major belly cramps and D. The bloating was awful. I guess I'm going to have to say I'm an A now. But I did learn my lesson and will not eat pizza again. The peppermint tea is helping tons and so do peppermint mentos. Have a great day!!

#103873 - 09/04/04 12:43 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! I agree with Casey - a fibre supplement will help you immensely. Try one and see if it works. Lots of people here like Acacia (Heather's brand), Equalactin, Benefiber and Citrucel. I'd say that's a good first step.
GLad you're here!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Thanks Gayla new
      #103999 - 09/05/04 01:48 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Beth, when I first started this diet, we started eating the Sourdough Bread, though it is expensive, my husband loves it. Soo, it turned into one of those special things I try to keep around the house just for him. My point being, I try not to eat much bread anymore. I am battling the C now, and it is to the point that I have what I should and should not be eating on my mind an awful lot.

I would rather be thinking about other things, but at the same time, since I do suffer from anxiety and depression, the worry about the food may be better for me than the worry about family and everyday stuff.

I am a little on the nervous side right now, thats probably why you received this ridiculous post. Hope you are getting better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 619 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review