All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Headaches
      #103605 - 09/03/04 05:30 AM
JMT

Reged: 06/25/04

I've been trying this IBS diet for about a month but I'm having daily headaches (even at night sometmes). Could be because of cutting out the caffeine I suppose OR allergies...but does taking advil (ibuprofin) or tylenol affect the IBS "stuff". I think this has been answered but I can't find it!!! Judy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Headaches new
      #103610 - 09/03/04 06:18 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my doctor took me off all nsaids, including my arthitis meds to see if it helped my tummy, it did.. but that measn the only pain killer left is tylenol... it helps with some things, but not all.. good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Headaches new
      #103612 - 09/03/04 06:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Painkillers can affect IBS, yep - and like everything else, it's a totally individual thing. I think Advil has the reputation for being one of the more irritating ones; you might better try Tylenol, if you can. If I'm remembering correctly, I've heard it's a little "safer". (And if I'm not remembering correctly, I hope someone corrects me before you make a run to the drugstore. LOL!)

Caffeine new
      #103626 - 09/03/04 06:54 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey JMT!

I had 3 days of headaches when I got myself off caffeine a year ago. I felt much better afterwards, but going through it was hard. I had a 6 caf drink a day habit, and it was time to do something about it. The one thing I found was tripling my sugar intake for those few days, doing things like popping a caramel in my mouth when I got a headache. it's not good for the long run (!!!), but it got me through those hard few first days, with no pain meds.

Keep at it! I can't stress that enuf. You'll feel so much better once you've stablized..!

Best of luck to you!

~nel~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 404

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review