All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Stay Safe from Hurricane Frances to all my IBS Florida Neighbors
      #103433 - 09/02/04 10:23 AM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Wishing all my Florida friends on this board a safe weekend=-with Hurricane Francis at our door, I pray that we all survive the experience with everything intact- including our sanity!! I expect the power to be out so talk to you all when things return to normal. Luv and hugs
carol

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stay Safe from Hurricane Frances to all my IBS Florida Neighbors new
      #103439 - 09/02/04 10:35 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not in Florida, but I just wanted to second that - stay safe as you possibly can, you'll all be in our thoughts and prayers!

Re: casey new
      #103549 - 09/02/04 06:27 PM
ibsfla

thank you for your prayers...

Re: Florida friends..... new
      #103571 - 09/02/04 09:15 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

My h and I were talking about this tonight as we watched the news. I cannot believe how huge that hurrican is, they are showing it can cover the whole state. That is so frightening.

I told him I worry about the mentally ill/ill/elderly/poor people who have no help in getting out. Then you have the hard headed ones who won't leave no matter what and chance loosing thier lives. The freeways are packed with cars, I hope by tonight some of it has cleared.

I pray for you one and all!!!

Re: Florida friends..... new
      #103712 - 09/03/04 02:54 PM
ibsfla

thank you for caring- you are one of two people who replied to the posting---we in the south are not going to get the major hit--I fear for the folks in the northern florida areas--it is awful to have IBS in this kind of weather emergency- water goes out--no toilets, no electric to cook safe foods, lots of stress, etc...but we do overcome the daily issues with IBS, and we will survive this too! thanks again for your thoughts

#103723 - 09/03/04 04:14 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Carol
I will send up alot of prayers for you tonight and this weekend. Good luck Hon. I hope everyhting is ok with you. Keep us informed when you can. BIG HUGS. I have been through one hurricane it was a small one nothing, like this monster.

I am sure you know all of this, but I will say anyway just to be sure. Tape or Board up all Windows. Take things of your walls (they can become flying objects) Fill every container you have with water incuding your bath tub ( you can use the water in the tub to flush your potty). Make sure you have Char coal you can always grill when there is no power. Make sure you have money and gas in your cars. And of course have batteries, candles, radio. I am sure you knew all this but just thought I would post it to.

Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#103732 - 09/03/04 04:54 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I also want to wish you guys good luck during this time. Stay safe. I have never been through a hurricane and don't have a lot of advice but just be careful and listen to everyone elses advice especially the experts. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Michelle

Re: Florida friends..... *DELETED* *DELETED* new
      #103775 - 09/03/04 10:12 PM
gigi

Post deleted by gigi

Re: Oh good grief Gayla !!!! What an idiot !!! new
      #103777 - 09/03/04 10:21 PM
gigi

Carol, please dont think of me as some cave dwelling idiot.

Why in the world did I not think about pouring water in the toilet? You would think there had never been a storm or hurricane where I live, off of the coast of TX!! Good GRief. I forgot, we had to do the potty thing one time when we went deer hunting in Deep South TEXAS. Alot of sand where we were at the time, just a note here, you may laugh at this. Before we came home, I started itching like crazy, I had red-bugs, also known in these parts as Chiggers. They were the size of quarters, I have had many allergice reactions and nothing compared to this horrible itch. NOthing helped it period. I was so mad at my h for taking us to this desolate, no bathroom in 50 miles place, I could have screamed. Needless to say, I never went back and, there is not enough money in this world to get me back into a tent. NOOOOO WAAAAAAAY!!

Just one of my many stories, hoping to give you a little chuckle right now.

#103798 - 09/04/04 05:56 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

My husband and I have been saying some prayers for everyone in FL. Hopefully everyone will be safe and nothing will be too badly damaged. My grandma-in-law lives there, and I know she wanted to evacuate, but my great-grandma-in-law (her mom) is in a nursing home and can't evacuate.
We will be watching the news and praying!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1093 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review