All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Morning sickness/pregnancy
      #103279 - 09/01/04 05:58 PM
De

Reged: 09/01/04

I'm finding that pregnancy is making my symptoms worse! Any alternate recommendations for the diet for pregnancy? Has anyone found a correlation between morning sickness and IBS symptoms?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Morning sickness/pregnancy new
      #103283 - 09/01/04 06:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Can't offer any advice on this one as my IBS was WONDERFUL for both of my pregnancies! I think there were a few other people that said their IBS was good for 9mths too. Hang in there, maybe the morning sickness will subside and you too will benefit from the "IBS free while pregnant" for a few months

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#103307 - 09/01/04 07:37 PM
taconno

Reged: 01/30/03

Hang in there. I can't give any advice either, but I appreciate the post. I am thinking about getting pregnant soon and am terrified about the IBS flare ups. I am extremely excited about the last post from Littlelis about it getting better doing pregnancy! Hopefully this is temporary. What about Ginger pops? I heard they work well during morning sickness?

#103356 - 09/02/04 03:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I think someone said the good effects kicked in after the first trimester! Hang in there! Oh, and congratulations!

#103376 - 09/02/04 05:22 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Congratulations! I've been through 2 pregnancies with IBS. The first trimester was rough, but as the baby got bigger, it slowed down my digestive system and I felt wonderful. Anyway, the IBS diet is ideal for a nauseous pregnant woman. A few things I would do: Ginger tea. Cut a slice of gingerroot the size of a quarter and put in a mug of boiling water.
It's great for nausea.
As for the sickness, peppermint tea is also very helpful.
If you find your IBS is worse, eat what you can (refer to the "What to eat when you can't eat anything" list. web page

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#103384 - 09/02/04 06:07 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Congratulations! This is my third pregnancy but my first with IBS. I had no morning sickness this pregnancy, which at first I thought was because of the diet, but I don't think it is that. I'm beginning to think it is the time of year. My oldest two girls were born in Feb. and March and I had horrible morning sickness. The first trimester was right in the middle of summer and I didn't feel better until the weather changed. This one is due the middle of next month!!! I can't believe how fast it is going. I went through my first trimester during the winter this time. At this point, I'm not willing to test my theory again. I think #3 will be our last.

You should notice a change when you hit the second trimester. I had some IBS issues in the beginning of this pregnancy but by the time I hit 13-14 weeks I started feeling better. I am IBS D so I went the other way more and it was great. I have had a bad week this week. I think it is all the worry of getting so much done before my girls go back to school. I made it through but I was very careful after my bowel cleansing on Monday. I still can't believe it happened in the afternoon, after my dr. appointment.

Eat what you can safely eat and take your vitamins and you'll be fine. Ginger is supposed to help. I'm sure you will be feeling better before you know it. How many weeks are you?

Just as a thought, are you taking vitamins? You might want to check and see if they are causing the problems. I was given vitamins with a stool softener that I didn't need and it gave me problems. I have friend that get sick from the vitamins and the dr. gave them different ones that really helped.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2824 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 587

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review