All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
frustrated by fiber
      #103018 - 09/01/04 06:00 AM
Cyndi31

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: New Jersey

I was diagnosed with IBS and put on a high fiber diet. I tried it for a month and it seemed to make things worse. Anyone have any other advice? It's making me crazy!! I saw acacia was mentioned. I never heard of it before I came here. Does it really work? I'll try anything for some relief!! Thanks for any help you can give.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: frustrated by fiber new
      #103019 - 09/01/04 06:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

By high fibre, do you mean high in insoluble fibre (brown rice, bran, wholewheat bread...) or high in soluble fibre (white rice, potatoes, white bread...)?

Acacia is a soluble fibre supplement. Heather's diet is based around the beneficial effects of soluble fibre on the gut, esp. with IBS.

You don't say whether you're IBS-D, C or A? If you're IBS-C, then you need to keep more insoluble fibre in your diet than others, but this should be eaten safely. Read the "IBS Diet & Recipes" page (link on the left).

What meds have you tried?

Re: frustrated by fiber new
      #103022 - 09/01/04 06:16 AM
Cyndi31

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: New Jersey

IBS with D. I was taking Metamucil and I've tried Citrucel but both made me very gassy and uncomfortable plus they seemed to add to the D. I also have Librax and Bentyl.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2967 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review