Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Date day with husband ruined by IBS new
      #102922 - 08/31/04 04:24 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Quote:

Thanks LauraSue
I feel like such a Whiner. I hope I have as much success with this as you.(which by the way yeah for LauraSue) I hope I am strong enough to do this. It is weird but if this was my husband or daughter(not that I would EVER whish this on them) I would be like ok no more of this in the house and would never even blink about the change in diet because it would make them better. But I feel like I am letting everybody down and trying to keep a noraml life and get better at the same time and it is just not working.

I would not even know what to order in resturant.
Thanks for the support

Thanks, Heather, I appreciate it. And you just said something very wise. If it was your husband or daughter, you'd do EVERYTHING you could to help them. Sweets, you are every bit as important as they are. You HAVE to start treating yourself the same way you'd treat them. I used to have the same problem and I would just ask myself, "Self, what would you suggest to your best friend if it was her?" And then I'd do it, even if I felt like I didn't deserve it. You have to take good physical care of the temple your soul lives in. So please, start treating yourself EXACTLY the same you'd treat your husband or daughter if it was them. OKAY???!!! I can be very insistent on these things, just ask Bevrs or JenX!! So you have to PROMISE!!! Otherwise I'm going to turn up on your doorstep and give you a serious talking to, young lady!! And I'm actually traveling to southeastern Michigan this very weekend, so you better watch it!!

Seriously, Heather, you're going to be fine, I promise. We all need pity parties sometimes, so you just whine away all you want, girlfriend! We've got your back!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Date day with husband ruined by IBS/LauraSue new
      #102952 - 08/31/04 06:25 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thank you so much LauraSue. I promise I will try to take better care of myself. I don't know why I think my DD and DH are more important than me. I just feel like I am supossed to take of them not make things harder. I am always saying sorry to them for all this. It makes my DH mad when I do. My mom is always getting mad at me for saying sorry for things I shouldn't be sorry about or are out of my control. I just relized I felt this way today not important enough for all this fuss. I don't know

You are welcome on my doorstep any day. You have been such a huge support and inspration to me. Thank you so much for everything.

--------------------
Heather7476

#102953 - 08/31/04 06:27 PM
heather7476

Thanks I will look in to it for sure. Thanks for the advice.

--------------------
Heather7476

#103000 - 09/01/04 04:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Heather- IBS does sometimes get better.. but it takes time to get there.. and you will have bouts. but I think the advice below is good- get checked if its so much worse that time of the month...

also, *HUG* if your up to it and I have time, we can try to get together sometime... its not that bad and I have things fairly under control belly wise right now, not perfect, but with the stresses in my life right now (another fire, and a death in the family yesterday) I can't expect it to get better.. and now my grnadmother is mad because Bill and I won't be at my grandfathers 80th birthday party which is 3 weeks earlier then I expected it to be (so it can be on a holiday weekend) and there is no way I can get the days off even if I wanted them. we had 2 weddings this year and saw my grandparents in May for my grandmothers 80th, and I work weekends and only get 2 weeks a year off.. I have to take time off to do anything my family or my husbands family does and people just dont' get that its more important for me to maintain a job and income and medical benefits then to go visit them when they feel like i should- my folks have been yelling I haven't seen their new house yet either- same issue. My sister has.. but she's a teacher.. and she and her husband have the same days off.. we dont' get that luxury- to have a day together, one of us has to use a vacation day. ah well...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#103009 - 09/01/04 05:25 AM
heather7476

I would love to get together when we get a chance. Sorry to hear about the family trouble. I have the same problem with my dad,stepmom and step siblings. They get real mad if I can't make every thing. My husbands days off are weekdays and every other weekend. He works a 12 hour shift every day so we just can't make it to every event and they don't get it. So I can relate on that front. Talk to you soon. And Thanks.

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Date day with husband ruined by IBS/LauraSue new
      #103096 - 09/01/04 09:17 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

You're very welcome, Heather sweetie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#103128 - 09/01/04 10:07 AM
khyricat

your welcome and thats just it- its not like my parents have always worked weekdays and had a lot of money but they have no understanding now... its annoying..... and yes- we can get together when its good for you.. maybe I'll drive out there at some point... you don't work outside the home, correct? so if I tried to come out on my days off it would work.

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#103214 - 09/01/04 01:02 PM
heather7476

Yep that would work. On Tuesday,and Thrusday Kenna has school and on Wednesday she has art class but that is only till 11:00 am so just let me know. Do you still have my number?

--------------------
Heather7476

#103219 - 09/01/04 01:14 PM
khyricat

yup- wil contact you offlist once life settles out.. was thinking of driving that way on a thurs.. I have Thurs and Fri off, and if I head out about 9 or so I should miss the worst of the traffic... and still have time to visit... if you'd rather a later in the day visit, can do that too...

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#103246 - 09/01/04 02:02 PM
heather7476

This thursday? I have to take my daughter to school at noon and then go grocery shopping . I have been avoding the grocery store like the plague so I am out of about everything. DH was like "please tell me your going to the store tomrrow". So I kind of got to go. It is much easier to go while she is at school. Friday I am free. Next Thursday is my GI app. (very nervous). Let me know. I would love to get together.

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review