All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Interesting Discovery
      #102783 - 08/31/04 06:52 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I just traveled for 10 days and for the second time, had no problems with "C". I ate things I shouldn't have eaten and by all rights should have been stopped up to no end. I had no problems whatsoever and even had normal "bm's" (sexy huh?) one to three times a day. If you look at me cross-eyed I become severely constipated so this is hardly the norm.

I believe that it was the stevia-plus packets that I put in my tea every morning. I used it on another trip I made earlier this year and then too was surprised to have no problems with "C"! The "plus" in the stevia is fiber and it caused no cramping for me at all.

The only IBS symptom I had was bloating and mild discomfort but given the fact that I was eating three full meals a day and eating like I didn't have IBS (Cheesecake...cheese...real eggs....I was so naughty!), those symptoms were expected. I had NO PAIN & NO "C". I will always travel with my stevia-plus!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stevia Plus new
      #102790 - 08/31/04 07:59 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was very interested by your post so I looked around on the web to research a little. And it seems there is a controversy over Stevia. Whether it is good for your health or causes health problems? I read lots of articles that praise it saying it is good for diabetics and that it aids in digestion. I also found several articles that say it can cause infertility, cancer, and interferes with the processing of carbohydrates.

How long have you been taking it? Have you heard of any health risks? Did you ask your doctor about it?

It seems alot of the bad info on it is fueled by the FDA. They are supposedly blocking it for political and monetary purposes. I was just interested in what you know about it b/c it seemed to really help you.

Oh, and did you notice a bad aftertaste? I saw that in several articles?

I am worried about to much sugar intake and would like to find a safe sweetner and if it helped with digestion that would be a plus.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: Interesting Discovery new
      #102805 - 08/31/04 08:35 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Rachel, I'm glad you had a good experience traveling. Others here have also observed that. I think sometimes the adrenaline of a trip or event protects us temporarily.

Hope there's no history of heart disease in your family, though!! Cheese, eggs, cheesecake?! Wow!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Interesting Discovery new
      #102865 - 08/31/04 01:10 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

what brand are the stevia plus packets? I use stevia but I buy bottles of the pure stuff, adn I don't ALWAYS use it.. its a great sweetener for some of the diabetic stuff I make, and yummy for me to have too... (no- I'm not diabetic, but my FIL, uncle, and grandfatehr are as well as a lot of my friends and people I bake for)...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Answers to the three posts... new
      #102872 - 08/31/04 01:22 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

No heart disease praise God and my temporary insanity over eating all of that stuff is over (and boy was it wonderful)!

Stevia-plus is right next to the stevia in the bottle in the grocery and whole foods stores. It is in little packets like sweet-n-low etc.

I am really not concerned about the stuff I have read about stevia...how long have americans been ingesting asparatame and the like with all of the warnings floating around? At some point, someone is going to tell everyone that bra's cause cancer...then we can all burn ours! I just don't believe that a little Stevia can be as worriesome as people make it out to be.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3427 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1314

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review