All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Deli Sliced chicken and Turkey
      #102555 - 08/30/04 09:23 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Thanks guys for your responses to my question. I did not think the turkey or chicken would bother me as I have had them here at the hospital. It is very hard for me to eat a dry sandwich; I will try the 2 good Hellman's or the Miracle Whip Free.

Another situation: The Acacia is kicking in, but I have to sort of help it along. I am up to 1/2 (measuring tspn.) in the morning and evening along with the fiber that is in my foods. I think I will try it one more week and if it stills gives me that problem I will go back to Citrucel or some other Fiber Supplement. With the Citrucel I was going at least twice per day on just 4 caplets without having to assist it.

I found this tea at Safeway called StomachEase. It has Fennel and Peppermint in it. Its quite good. I found some Fennel pills at the Vitamin shop and will be taking those 3 x per day. I just can't drink the Fennel tea (at work), it produces too much gas. I think Celestial Seasonings has a tummy tea out as well I will try to find it and go from there.

I don't know what else to try for the bloating. I have a mitral Valve Prolaspe and can't take Immodium or Gas-x, etc. I will ask my doctor what he recommends, because I have been taking the Mylanta Gas for so long, I think I have built up and intolarance for it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am at my wits end with this damn IBS!!!

Lene :

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

gas-x and heart problems?? new
      #102559 - 08/30/04 09:28 AM
carey28

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Boston, MA

Hi there! you said that you have something wrong with your valve and therefore you are not taking gas-x----can it be detrimental to your heart? i have a bi-cusped aortic valve and take gas-x regularly lately. have you heard that you should not?? thanks for any info!!

Re: gas-x and heart problems??--bump up--nt new
      #102578 - 08/30/04 10:25 AM
carey28

Re: gas-x and heart problems?? new
      #102598 - 08/30/04 11:28 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Mitral valve prolapse is a very specifc thing that is not related to your problem as far as I know.

Anyone else know about this?

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#102603 - 08/30/04 11:43 AM
carey28

thanks laura sue! i will ask my doctor to make sure, i just paniced, i'm always paranoid about taking anything because of my heart condition, but gas-x?? seems harmless to me, and boy does it help my bloating! --yaaay !

#102643 - 08/30/04 01:41 PM
LittleFox

My Primary Care doc told me I could not take Gas-x, Immodium, Phazyme or any other over the counter antacids with the exception of Mylanta Gas.

I have left a message for my Cardiologist to contact me, perhaps he can advise me as to something else I can take.

This is me though, remember all of our bodies are different and I don't want to frightened anyone.

Lene

--------------------

#102645 - 08/30/04 01:48 PM
LittleFox

I agree, LauraSue, but according to my PCP and most of all my Cardiologist certain over the counter drugs can interfer with medications for the Mitral Valve and cause me to have atrial fibrillation (palpatations).

I have never been able to take over the counter drugs without clearing it with my Cardiologist. I even had to take the Fennel and Acacia to his office with written ingrediets before I could take it.

This is not a problem for me, I have had to do this for over twenty years now (get approval) so that there would not be a reaction of my heart medication and ingredients in over the counter meds.

Lene

--------------------

#102671 - 08/30/04 03:10 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Lene, I know, sweetie, I was answering Carey's question. Sorry if it sounded like I was disagreeing with you cause I sure wasn't. My sympathies on the MVP, I've read some about it. It's great you're so careful with your health. Good for you!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#102677 - 08/30/04 03:27 PM
LittleFox

Thank you LauraSue. I was trying not to frighten anyone. We have enough going on without more fears being added.

You always give me good, sound advice and I appreciate it very much. I am open to anyone on these boards, because I know you are only trying to help.

BTW, my doctor called the (PCP) and said its what I am eating that is giving me gas and bloating. I gave him a typical day of what I eat and he referred me to the GI doc!

I hate it, I just hate it when a physician that has my medical records, knows me and my condition cannot answer a question regarding Immoudium and Gas-X.

I am frustrated now.

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!

Lene

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review