All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Warning - self pity post
      #102506 - 08/30/04 06:05 AM
Sweetypie

Reged: 07/12/04

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while because I just moved and have been super busy.
This is my first "real" move - just left my mom for the first time (I'm 24, it's about time .. haha).
Anyways, it hasn't been all that great. Because we've spent so much money on the house I haven't been able to afford a new zelnorm prescription
Needles to say, my gut is not good. And to add on to my stomach woes, I have hemorrhoids - and they are bleeding! I have a sty in my eye, and the worlds largest canker - I haven't been able to get rid of either for over a week and a half.
Part of my just wants to pack it up and move home!

Oh woe is me .....
Really I know that things could be a lot worse - but it feels like everything is happening all at once.

Thanks for listening

SP

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Warning - self pity post new
      #102508 - 08/30/04 06:18 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Aww... moving away from home is really, REALLY stressful. I'm not surprised that you feel like you're falling apart. I moved out "for real" when I was 24, too, and promptly moved 350 miles away from my family... the first week was killer.

I can't help you with the zelnorm problem, but I can tell you that, first and foremost, you have to take care of you. Like I said, moves are very stressful, even if they go perfectly smoothly, and your body IS acting out because of it. Do whatever you have to do to relax - long hot bubble baths, with tea & candles & music, were always one of my favorites when I first had my own place.

Are you using anything for the hemorrhoids? Your drugstore should have store-brand versions of the Preparation H stuff that isn't as expensive... I found the creams to be useless, but the suppositories are a bit better. Don't waste your money on Tucks pads - buy a bottle of witch hazel and a pack of cotton pads (like cotton balls but flat), and make your own compresses with that - it's especially soothing if you keep the witch hazel in the fridge. I can't help much with the canker and the sty, but I really think they'll clear up when you start to de-stress a little. And definitely make sure you're eating well and drinking lots of water!

(Do I sound like Mom yet? Haha!)

Anyway, I know this all isn't very comforting or anything, but you WILL be fine.

PS - Call mom. It really does help!

#102552 - 08/30/04 09:20 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Sweetypie, My sympathies on all the stuff that's happening at once. It would be only fair if we IBS'ers could be immune to other ailments, wouldn't it. Feel better, hon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#102562 - 08/30/04 09:31 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Stys and canker sores stink! I get them too. For the sty, try putting a hot washcloth on your eye twice a day or there's some over the counter cream stuff for them you can get. For the canker sore, try rinsing your mouth out with listerine (or generic stuff, watch out for sorbitol though) twice a day. Hope that helps! Feel better soon!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#102563 - 08/30/04 09:53 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there...sorry to hear you're feeling so bad right now!!

I used to get chronic canker sores in my mouth that wouldn't go away....I used to have to go to my doc to get them burned off...gross eh??? The thing I've found that helps the most for those is warm salt water (it was my grandmother's solution to everything!!)....it really works!!

For a sty use a warm cloth on it a couple times each day and that should help...

Hope you feel better soon....

#102572 - 08/30/04 10:14 AM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

I have been moving in and out of my parents house since I was 17. I guess I couldn't handle being alone. When we moved into our second apartment, my parents moved to South Carolina. Let's just say that I couldn't afford the phone bill and now we're all happily living together.

I can't help with your ailments but maybe someone could help me with mine. I've had my monthly friend for almost 3 weeks. My doctor just gave me a prescription but I don't want to take it. He says I take it for 10 days and it should stop during the first 3 days. BUT- it will come back 7 days later! Anyone have any advice?

LauraSue- IBSers sounds so funny! LMAO

#102576 - 08/30/04 10:24 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am sorry your haveing such a rough time of it. I can't give you any addvice that hasn't already been given. The warm cloth on the sty will realy help so does the witch hazel clod from the fridge. Good Luck and hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Heather7476

#102600 - 08/30/04 11:32 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Glad I made you laugh, turrtle! Why don't you want to take the medicine your doctor prescribed? Three weeks is too long to bleed, you're going to get anemic. I would definitely go ahead and take it.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#102724 - 08/30/04 06:57 PM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

I didn't think about anemia. I just don't want to get it again in a week. It usually only comes every 4-5 months. My girlfriend said it's payback for not getting it all these years. lol I'm going to take the med if it doesn't stop by Weds. night.

#102763 - 08/31/04 12:06 AM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Hope youre feeling better today. I too get canker sores and can highly recommend a natural product from New Zealand called Virasoothe. The website is www.essential-nz.com
I used to get cankers once every 2 months or so, but since starting to use this product have not had one in over a year.

Hope this helps.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review