All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
olden days and hipsters! new
      #102765 - 08/31/04 01:28 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

my hipster jeans are fantastic, though you do have to watch the bum cleavage! I can't wear anything that remotely tightens my waist.
I am always wondering what the hell women with ibs did in the days of corsets...i think one would kill me!!! my wedding dress was empire line 2 months ago so I would feel free to be me (also gives you beautiful boobs!!)...
its so cool that it does the same thing to all of us...I wonder why physically????

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone know... new
      #103335 - 09/01/04 09:38 PM
dagenj1

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

No clue what causes it, but YES this happens to me! This has happened to me since I was a little girl and I thought it was because I was fat! When I lost 60lbs, I wanted to wear "cute" clothes and noticed that I had lots of problems again. I am reverting back to elastic, loose waist bands. It sucks, I wish I could wear sweats 24/7. Pantyhose are a killer every time too. I pretty much don't eat when I wear them.

Tight jeans and seat belts too? new
      #103344 - 09/01/04 10:21 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Do you all ever have discomfort with the lap part of the seatbelt? I commute 45 minutes to work every day and every morning, which is my worst time, I'm constantly pulling the lap belt away from my stomach.

Wow, it's so amazing to discover people who feel the same way. I wear loose skirts most of the time. I rarely wear jeans or pantyhose - I'm not sure they actually CAUSE an attack for me, but if I eat and get full, it's so uncomfortable and that just makes things worse.

Re: Tight jeans and seat belts too? new
      #103397 - 09/02/04 07:15 AM
Living Waters Ranch

Reged: 07/23/04
Loc: Georgia, USA

I have trouble with seat belts also. If you put a clothespin on the belt at the top of the belt where it goes into the car, then it will stay where you adjust it. I have been told if you have an accident, the clothespin will snap off and the belt will work as usual. Also when I am not driving, I use a sheepskin barrier that wraps around the belt staying in place with velcro. The clothespin works better for driving. Hope that helps.

Re: Seatbelt fix! new
      #103401 - 09/02/04 07:39 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

My seat belt used to cause my belly SO much pain! I finally took a large safety pin and just pinned the safety pin into the seatbelt so it couldn't pull so tight on my tummy! I can't tell you what a difference it has made on my 30 minute commute! The shoulder harness isn't affected at all and its not so loose that I will endager myself if I get in an accident!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

seat belts and pantyhose! new
      #103444 - 09/02/04 10:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Pantyhose are the WORST! I've actually slit the front completely in order to tolerate wearing them. But I do hate seatbelts too. There's nothing worse than going to a meeting in a co-worker's car and constantly fiddling with the lapbelt and a/c to keep from passing out from the pain!!!

~nel~ oh no i'm fiiiine

#103461 - 09/02/04 11:47 AM
BJay

Reged: 08/18/04

Tight clothes around the stomach definitely do not work with IBS. It reminded me of many years ago before panty hose came into existance. I went to work with a panty girdle which held up my stockings. I was in such agony I took the scissors from my desk, slipped them into my handbag and went into the ladies room and cut off the entire top of the panty girdle. After that I always cut off the front panel of all my new panty girdles as soon as I bought them. To this day I still can not wear anything that is even slightly snug at the waist. But only a person with IBS can understand how desparate you can get from tight clothing. You are not alone.

#103462 - 09/02/04 11:51 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Yeah! You know what's weird is that even before my IBS started, I could never wear tight/form fitting jeans cause it would give me stomach aches. I guess my gut was sensitive already in that respect? All through high school I wore baggy jeans cause of this (before low rise was popular).

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 934 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10296

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review