All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Why isn't Immodium working????
      #102306 - 08/29/04 08:11 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

After my battle with tomato sauce last week, I took an Immodium to get my stomach back on schedule....but now I find that the Immodium seems to just delay very soft Bm's.
I'm not cramping-no pain...should I let my body heal itself, up the dose of Immodium, go back to the most basic diet?
Even though I'm eating very lightly (per the diet)and taking my SFS and prescribed meds, I can't seem to get on track...Any ideas?
Does it have anything to do with the fact I've caught this head cold roaming around through Los Angeles?
Thanks in advance for your help.... You all are a great community of honesty and compassion.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why isn't Immodium working???? new
      #102309 - 08/29/04 09:11 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, it could be a few things...

If you only took 1 imodium pill, you basically took a child's dose. You could try taking more if the BMs are really bothersome - 2 pills is a full dose.

I find that when I screw up somehow and get off track, it does take a while to get back on. I know, how is that fair?! But if you're eating the basic diet and taking your SFS, you *will* get back on track eventually. You might want to be careful about insolubles, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water.

And yeah... a headcold could have something to do with it. My body gets all kinds of screwy when I'm sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

#102375 - 08/29/04 12:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my stomach gets all over the board at times... and lately I've been calling myself under control because despite the extreme stress of the third fire at my residence in under a year- I have been able to have consistant BM's but they are still very soft... but the diet is obviously working as I am not uncontrollably having to use the bathroom or so constipated I am never going.. which I have been before...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#102380 - 08/29/04 01:40 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

If your BM's are soft but not "D" and there is no pain maybe just wait and see what happens. I would try safe foods for a couple of days.

Casey is right. An adult dose of Imodium is 2 tablets but I usually only take one and it does the trick. If it doesn't then I take another one. Another idea... You might try taking 2 and see what happens. Maybe one just wasn't enough for you.

And, yes it could be a head cold or flu causing this, too.
I get "D" sometimes with a cold.

Could it possibly be your meds causing this?

Get better soon,
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1036 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 639

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review