Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Altoids.........
      #102202 - 08/28/04 01:10 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Hi All
I finally found Altoids in my supermarket. Was excited as I thought they might actually work.
I tried them yesterday and today and they give me a sore tummy
I feel as though I am full of peppermint and get a sore tummy, does anyone else get this??
Im disappointed
Niki
xxx

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Altoids......... new
      #102205 - 08/28/04 01:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't know what you mean by a "sore tummy", exactly, but I find that *anything* peppermint gives me wicked heartburn. And they warn you of that if you have GERD/acid reflux, but I don't have that! I apparently just can't tolerate peppermint... so yeah, I'd imagine it's possible. Feel better!

#102208 - 08/28/04 01:30 PM
jenkins

Reged: 02/12/04

Don't give up on the benefits of peppermint yet. If you know you have IBS then peppermint can and will help soothe your colon/stomach. If your negative reaction is heartburn in nature, then you may want to try the enteric coated pills. I do not use them but many people on this site do and can probably attest to their benefit and without the heartburn problems. Also, be sure you don't eat too many at once or in one day. I personnally drink peppermint tea in the a.m. and at meals when possible. I eat the Altoids throughout the day, mostly around and between meals. I can feel the stabalizing benefit vey soon after consumption.
Hope this helps.

#102210 - 08/28/04 01:38 PM
Niki J

Hiya
It'd not heartburn that I get, my tummy just feels well weird lol, I cant really explain it, sort of bloated and achy. I think maybe they are too strong for me?
Niki
xxx

P.s I do have the Peppermint caps and they work well for me! It's just I wanted to try the Altoids as a quick fix when I am out. Ah well.

#102211 - 08/28/04 01:44 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey Niki,
Im from the UK near liverpool....where are you from? and what supermarket did you get the altoids from? Have you tried peppermint imperials? They make me feel a bit sick cos theyre so sugary but you can get ones that are made from just sugar, glucose syrup and pure peppermint oil? Worth a try...know what you mean about wanting to find easy options when you're out...does my head in too!! lol!!

--------------------
Natalie

#102212 - 08/28/04 01:48 PM
Niki J

Hiya!
I am from Suffolk. I found them in my local Tesco store with all the other mints.
No, I havent tried peppermint imperials.
Niki
xxx

#102213 - 08/28/04 01:50 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I doubt they're too strong for you, if you're taking the peppermint caps... the amount of peppermint oil in Altoids is quite a bit less than what's in a capsule! Maybe it's the sugary-ness that's not sitting right with you? Hmm... puzzling!

#102215 - 08/28/04 01:53 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I've tried peppermint altoids many times. No problem with them. I like the fact that I can put them in my purse and pop one when I need them. I agree with Casey, there can't be much peppermint oil in them compared to the peppermint caps. I'm chicken to try the peppermint caps cause I think there might be too much in them so I'm sticking with my Altoids

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#102217 - 08/28/04 01:56 PM
Niki J

Hmm yes it is weird isnt it! Maybe I'll try having them another day! See if I still feel funny.
Thanks
Niki
xxx

Me too, Niki J new
      #102234 - 08/28/04 03:59 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I can't do altoids either. They give me exactly what you described, a sore tummy.

It's not like they jumpstart my IBS-D, it's just like my tummy feels like it's sucking itself in. It happens with the peppermint oil too, just makes my tum feel icky. I've never been able to stomach peppermint.

~nel~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2427

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review